Bike carriers

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
Breezey

Post by Breezey »

Hi All

One year into a three-year lease on a C5 Aircross and my son has finally learnt to ride a bike. I need a bike rack and would prefer a rear-mounted one. Has anyone found one that fits as I can't seem to find one that is compatible? Any advice warmly received. Thanks in advance.

Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

I have the C3 Aircross and after research discovered that the only safe option is with a Towbar mounted one. I already have a Thule 2 bike carrier which I planned on fitting to my Aircross, but I didn't reaiise that there are implications with PSA finance on my PCP deal regards to fitting a bar. They told me that my vehicle had to be returned without and modifications otherwise they could bill me, I am a bit annoyed as I thought this would be adding value to the car.
I would have never gone the PCP route if I'd known this beforehand, I'm now sitting with a Thule carrier and unable to carry my bikes!
If I was sure to be keeping the car at the end of the lease it wouldn't matter, but this is unlikely.
Hope you find something suitable.
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
Breezey

Post by Breezey »

Thank you! I am also leasing so don't want to be fitting a tow bar. Will know to check that my next car can carry bikes!
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

You can get cross rails which fit to the roof rails. You can then fit a cycle carrier to the cross rails which will carry bicycle.

One place to start:

https://www.micksgarage.com/d/bike-rack ... of-mounted

John
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Thanks for the info, though I’m afraid I’m far too old in the tooth to hoist our bikes onto the roof, I did consider it at one time but my wife reminded me that I’m not young anymore😢
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue