1.5 or 2.0?

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
M123ADA

Post by M123ADA »

Hi all. New to the site. Not in possession of one yet, but looking at C5 Aircross Flair Plus spec, diesel auto is my preference but do I go 1.5 or 2.0?Personally I'm thinking 1.5 for the better overall economy or is the 2.0 just as efficient due to size/weight of vehicle? I commute 30 miles a day and carry a little one in the car, thus my choice as it has a much better boot size. So, over to you good folk on here, which would you say is best option? I haven't test driven one yet as waiting on the £££ to make an appearance before I do, so just getting a bit of a heads up for now.
Thanks in advance,
Adrian.

BenjaminBS

Post by BenjaminBS »

I had the C5 x7 16v 2.0 petrol before and a c5 ac 1.5 Diesel now, and the latter feels much more agile, faster and powerful.
M123ADA

Post by M123ADA »

Thanks BenjaminBS, I am leaning more towards the 1.5. to be honest with you. I have only heard good about the power unit, mostly in Peugeot format, but same engine. Plus 1.5 is a bit cheaper in the first place. Thanks again 👍
BenjaminBS

Post by BenjaminBS »

Good luck. Given the the aircross in tests I saw on Youtube is not praised for its sporty performance in any configuration, I reckon 1,5 is enough and I find my 1.5 diesel quite powerful. I do not live in the mountains however, maybe if you have to travel uphill, you may find a bigger enigine helpful.
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

I would query a diesel for under 7000 miles per annum.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
M123ADA

Post by M123ADA »

Hi JohnM52. 11 to 12k per annum on average plus looking to poss buy one a few months old to save a bit of depreciation. Been to look at one or two, Flair next to a Flair Plus, Blue v "Red" or "Orange" (open to discussion lol). Now not sure what colour, was red originally, but it seemed more orange than red and didn't look very metallic at all! Decisions decisions......
BenjaminBS

Post by BenjaminBS »

The colour is called "Vulcanic Red". It really seems to change color depending on the color temperature of the time of day. But you always spot your car in a big parking :-)