C5 Aircross 2020: No more sound

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
BenjaminBS

Post by BenjaminBS »

Hi,

I have this car since April, today on finishing a phone call via CarPlay, the speakers made a gruesome sound and are since totally mute/dead. The radio does not find stations anymore and a car preferences reset did not help.
The bluetooth is no longer recognized as "Citroen" but as "PSA RCC BT".
On opening the door while in gear the warning sound works. Seems to come from another outlet.
Can this be fixed without the Citroen dealer/garage?

thank you,
Benny

BenjaminBS

Post by BenjaminBS »

hmmm, after one hour parking all was fine again. Speakers are back. Very strange.
It is now the second time, that after a voice call/voice recording on phone while carplay was on, the speakers went mental.
BenjaminBS

Post by BenjaminBS »

Is there a way to force a media controller restart while driving? Or at least right after stopping?
Big_Hawk

Post by Big_Hawk »

Hi BenjaminBS,

That doesn't sound right at all. Given the age of the car - a few short months - I can only urge you to seek assistance from your dealership. They have the hi-tech-checking wizardry, I believe, to highlight and remedy faults such as this. Please do go, and the best of luck with it. I for one will be interested in hearing the outcome.
BenjaminBS

Post by BenjaminBS »

good point, thank you.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

As a general principle, if you have any faults on a 2020 car, it really needs to go back to the dealers. It is not the owner' job to try to fix them
sn1234

Post by sn1234 »

Hi, I have the same issue, do you know what the problem was?