Android Auto

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
MoreDead

Post by MoreDead »

I have just received my new C5 Aircross and have been exploring my first car with Android Auto. I like Waze for my navigation and that connects to the touchscreen quite easily. The annoying thing that i have found is that if I change to temperature or media screen and then back to AA, the route that I was following is not active and I have to start it again. This is a pain, especially while driving.

Is this really how AA works for everyone else?
C5 Aircross Flair Plus, 2l automatic

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

I use Google maps. Apart from an issue due to using a non-Samsung cable, I haven't had an issue with mine needing restarting.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Many of the cables you either buy or are sent with things are 'charging cables' and not 'data cables'. They save money by only having the two wires inside for the power and not the other wires for the data. This is why you can plug stuff in and it charges but doesn't do anything else.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Defo make sure you have a charger/data cable. Should work then
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Could I point out, further to my post above that the issue I had was not simply because it was a 'charging cable'. in my case it was working fine during a trip to germany, and whilst driving it suddenly failed and would not restart. The agent told me it was a poor quality cable and the system worked fine with genuine Samsung cables. i have been using a genuine one ever since with no issues. The one I had been using was from a poundshop.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Ahhh, the curse of the pound shop cable. Yes, good if you need one quick but not if you want it to last more than a few weeks.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.