Touchscreen updates on C3Aircross... what does it update

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
ChrisC3A

Post by ChrisC3A »

As per title... any one know what the update does.
I successfully updated the touchscreen as MyCitroen App suggested and then it advised of a more recent update 🤦🏻‍♂️
Be interesting to know what it actually does.
TIA
C3 Aircross Shine 130 in White, Black Roof with Silver Bars
Located in Sunny Spain

bossko

Post by bossko »

I have basic version just with Bluetooth function and my version is 074A. How to update it to some higher version?
bossko

Post by bossko »

I've done it by download from Citroën .fr site, then unzip downloaded file to USB key, make foldel "licence", there download licence.key file. Now I have 76A version...
Mothy

Post by Mothy »

The original question is unanswered. How can we find what fixes and enhancements are made in an update?

Roly
Roly Alcock, Upton Upon Severn, Citroen C3 Aircross 1.2L Flair 6 Speed, colour coded to match the dog.
Paixlost

Post by Paixlost »

The main question is how to update xxA firmware to xxC firmware? Anybody else has a solution shared here is appreciated...
lexon

Post by lexon »

how many sat nav maps updates a year do Citroen have.
I have c3 aircross flair automatic had 2 touchscreen 1 map update had from new just had my first service.
on my Citroen app no update available for your vehicle at this time .
I should have moor than one update for my cars sat nav after having only one map update in
14 months.
Berapotter

Post by Berapotter »

2 things here.
1. Firmware
2. Maps

Firmware is an irregular update to give the infotainment new or at least improving some of the functions, in truth not always noticeable.
Maps are usually 2 per year (ish). It updates the maps as in roads, roundabouts new bits and pieces. It also updates (sort of) how the software operates makes it all a bit fresher. Just like your TomTom on your phone.
Bear in mind the maps are anything up to 18 months out of date. I found that out last year when the petrol station I was heading for in France wasn't there anymore.
Firmware can be a bit scary until you accept it's just like doing a operating system update on your computer.
Hope that helps a bit!
BP
C4 Cactus flair 145 (stage 1) s/s, C3 Aircross flair 130 s/s, SLK350, Benelli leoncino 500
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Berapotter wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:21 pm 2 things here.
1. Firmware
2. Maps

Firmware is an irregular update to give the infotainment new or at least improving some of the functions, in truth not always noticeable.
Maps are usually 2 per year (ish). It updates the maps as in roads, roundabouts new bits and pieces. It also updates (sort of) how the software operates makes it all a bit fresher. Just like your TomTom on your phone.
Bear in mind the maps are anything up to 18 months out of date. I found that out last year when the petrol station I was heading for in France wasn't there anymore.
Firmware can be a bit scary until you accept it's just like doing a operating system update on your computer.
Hope that helps a bit!
BP
My C4 Picasso satnav shows two petrol stations local to me that have probably been close 15-20 years.
bradleyb1

Post by bradleyb1 »

Hi there.

https://citroen-update.cppv2.awsmpsa.co ... 0.1.24.exe

For Windows App to download updates for Citreon.
This app will do everything for you from download to preparation of usb and then you just plug it into your vehicle.
Very easy to use.

Just to add. Citroen will only do improvements to your current systems software like the Bluetooth fix and the usb fix like the problem I had with my iPhone 7 and Plus connecting as well and any bugs. Functionality of Apple carplay work great and connects now with no problems. These updates have not got any extras. My belief is that you want extra features upgrade. I also running iOS 14 and it working great.

Brad Bekker.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi Brad, thanks for posting this, looks very useful. Shame it doesn't appear to be anywhere obvious on their website!
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof