Mute sat nav voice

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Deleted User 638

Post by Deleted User 638 »

Hi. Just picked up c5 aircross. After trawling through internet and manuals i cant find a way of muting the sat nav voice. I want the directions etc but not the voice alerts.

Is this possible via a quick shortcut or do i just turn the voice volume down to zero in the main settings, and does this have other impacts elsewhere.

Thanks

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

I don't know what satnav you hve, but if it is like my 2015 C4 Grande Picasso, you should be able to go to settings. In there I have a 'voice' button, and that allows you to choose between male and female voices, and to mute.

As an aside I don't use the female voice, as it says 'eggsit' instead of 'exit' and i drives me mad.
Deleted User 638

Is just called ConnectedNav but nothing in the settings on the navigation section relating to voice apart from turning off street names
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

cant u not use the Volume control Button, whilst the navi is talking ?
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

As the radio can't be turned off, only muted, you could try pressin g the volume button when the satnav is operating. It might mute/unmute the radio though.
Mothy

Post by Mothy »

The audio remembers the volume level for the function it was adjusted for. So turn it down on the satnav while it is wittering on and the radio volume should remain the same.
Roly Alcock, Upton Upon Severn, Citroen C3 Aircross 1.2L Flair 6 Speed, colour coded to match the dog.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi, I think the C3 Aircross is the same system - I'm not sure about muting it temporarily but to turn the voice off, go to the nav screen & press Menu (bottom left) then Settings > Vocal
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
Deleted User 365

Post by Deleted User 365 »

Select a Profile - then select Audio settings; "Voice" is one of the settings available here.

Page 275 in the handbook;

http://service.citroen.com/ACddb/modele ... _en-GB.pdf

Page 29 of the Navigation part of the handbook

ATB
Mike.
Last edited by Deleted User 365 on Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 638

you can change the volume of the voice whilst its playing but it only goes as low as volume 7. I have since found that the vocal setting does have an option to turn of instructions, although its not labelled the best and could be easier to access.

Thanks all
Kathrynt18

Post by Kathrynt18 »

Please can you tell me how you finally managed to do it? We want to turn off instructions on out C3 Aircross.

Many thanks