Touch Screen Software Updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Phew! That sounds a bit scary :shock: Have you noticed anything useful after the update? I've only updated maps so far.
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof

dashiel

Post by dashiel »

I did the update of the touchscreen (1_076_16.1B116.4 - 02.07.19) this afternoon and it worked just fine. It took around 15 mins all together and all screens were working as usual after restart 👍 I didn’t notice any changes yet.

But I had issues with the previous touchscreen update. It took a long time to process (around 40 minutes), ended with the green success message, but after a restart the controls were not working and all screens showed some kind of “configuration in progress, please wait” message (don’t remember exact wording). It didn’t change even after another 30 mins, so I have left the car and then when I came back after a couple of hours, everything was alright. I guess it either needed the power down or more time to process the configuration with the new firmware version...
C3 Aircross 1.2 PureTech 110 S&S EAT6 FEEL
stephfin57

Post by stephfin57 »

Hi, my problem is that I have successfully updated the touch screen firmware on my Citroen C3 and it works fine for a few days.

However, after those few days the touch screen continually reboots itself until it displays the message, "Software update will start shortly"

I have updated the firmware several times but the cycle keeps repeating itself.

Any ideas?
lko

Post by lko »

Hi,

I have just updated my touchscreen software to version 4_084_19-1E027-6 this evening. The update itself went fine no issues. But after the system has rebooted Bluetooth and CarPlay is no longer working! :shock:

For Bluetooh I can search and find the iphone. I can pair it, but as soon as pairing is completed the system loses connection to the iphone. If I try to connect again on iphone I am told that it failed and I should make sure the car system is within range. If I do it from the car system, I am just told that the connection was interrupted.
As for CarPlay, when I connect the iphone, the iphone recognises CarPlay and show that onscreen, but on the Touch Screen nothing happens, like the iphone is not recognised and the CarPlay icon is greyed out.

I have tried factory resetting the Touch Screen, but it didn't make a difference.
Anyone got a good idea?
lko

Post by lko »

phew! This morning everything works fine. :mrgreen:
So apparently the systems just needs time after an upgrade.
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

New software available using Citroen Update.
This is for my C5 Aircross and is the touch screen update. about 20.5Gb
This version is: Software of the touch screen (42.01.72.32_NAC-r0)

Maps were done a couple of weeks ago
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
Deleted User 348

Post by Deleted User 348 »

JohnM52,
Have you noticed any changes with the update?
Just started downloading, 4-5 hours at present rate!
How long did it to update in the car?

Len
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

Hi LenH

That pleasure of car installation will be Tuesday afternoon.
Download showed as 216 minutes but it actually took a few minutes less. Time to process to USB stick was about 45 minutes, so about 4 hours to that point.
I did reset the laptop so it did not go to sleep.

JohnM52
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

here on the continent there is no update, did not get any systemupdate since june 2019, except 2 Updates for the navi.
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
Deleted User 348

Post by Deleted User 348 »

Downloaded update this afternoon, mammoth download time and transfer time to USB stick.
Updated screen software as shown on photo, error appeared on main dash display saying faulty parking assistance, that was something to do with software being updated?
On completion stated new map update available do you wish to install.
As I had done this a few weeks ago decided not to.
Display restarted and tried satnav. Came up need to reinstall maps!
So updated as it looks like update includes new maps.
In total spent over one hour sitting in car with engine running to carryout updates!
Citroen there must be a quicker way to perform this!

Best of all cannot see any difference since update but perhaps time will tell or there will be a change log somewhere saying what it has done.

Len

20200525_183517.jpg