C5 Apple carplay help,

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Seanseansean

Post by Seanseansean »

Hello.
I received my C5 Aircross Friday.
Been messing over the weekend and I can’t get my Apple Carplay to work.
When I plug my phone in and press car play I get this message.
“Activation of the private mode in full mode forbid activation of carplay”

Anyone got any ideas? Google doesn’t really bring anything up.
I’m not to sure if it’s my phone.
It’s an iPhone 7 and a new genuine USB cable.

Seanseansean

Post by Seanseansean »

Sorted it now.
Just did a factory reset on the touchscreen
Papa Legba

Post by Papa Legba »

It’s a setting, after 4 days of us both messing around my wife found it by chance today.

I’ll post photos of the screens you need to go through tomorrow for anyone else that gets this but you MUST use a genuine Apple cable and have SIRI switched on....it does work and doesn’t glitch
Ron73

Post by Ron73 »

We have the same problem. So I think because we do not use a genuine Apple cable, this may be the problem.
@Papa Legba: could you pls post some photos?
Thanks
Westman

Post by Westman »

CarPlay didn’t work on my C3 Aircross until I used a genuine Apple lead..
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

I don't think it had to be a genuine Apple cable it just has to be a charge/data cable. Many cheap cables are only 2 cores for the charger input a fully populated cable has 5 cores.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Deleted User 772

Post by Deleted User 772 »

Talking about charging Cables for Apple devices:

Apple provides a Made For iPhone/iPad/iPod” or MFi certification programme for legitimate manufacturers enrolled in the programme and sells the pre-made connectors with the circuitry to other manufacturers, who then make and brand the rest of the cable.

On a lightning connector, there are 2 main chips that have specific functions.
image_2020-10-28_142322.png
1) The first chip often called the E75, C48 or C10B chip is responsible for the handshaking between the iPhone or other Apple device and the connecting device like your car's Connected Nav system. It provides a challenge password system. If the Connected NAV system provides the password, the chip allows connection - but also only provides limited access to the device in order to do what it is authorised. (E.G. access the speaker, or SIRI or Contacts or asks for permission top provide a certain voltage through tot he device etc., etc.).

2) The second chip is responsible for the actual voltage regulation / protection of the Apple device.

So some cheaper cables may also claim to have MFi certification but these can be false claims. So advice is go with wither an official Apple cable or a decent brand like Anker who are certified by Apple.