First Post

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
martinwo

Post by martinwo »

Hi Everbody -

I've just joined the Aircross Forum. I bought my C5 Aircross 1.6 Auto (Silver, black roof, red inserts) in July, my (and wive's) 25th Citroen! Here's the list (questions welcomed!) :

Model Manuf Year

1 Dyane 6 1971
2 Dyane 4 1974
3 Dyane 6 Trafficlutch 1974
4 Dyane 6 1976
5 Dyane 6 1978
6 GSA 1981
7 2CV 1987
8 BX Gti 1988
9 BX Gti 16v 1989
10 BX Gti 1990
11 AX 1990
12 Xantia VSX 1992
13 AX 1993
14 ZX 1995
15 ZX 1996
16 Xantia Activa 1996
17 ZX Estate 1998
18 C5 2.2 Hdi 2001
19 C5 2.0 Hdi 2003
20 C4 2007
21 C5 2.0 Hdi Tourer 2010
22 C-Crosser 2.2 Hdi 2009
23 DS5 2.0HDi Dsport 2015
24 C4 Cactus 1.2 130 2018
25 C5 Aircross 1.6 180 2019

I love the Aircross but my favourite of them all was my C-Crosser - really wish I hadn't sold it, even though it wasn't really a Citroen. Although the Activa is a close second.

Anyway, I came across the forum whilst Googling for a decent set of instructions/explanation of the ConnectedCAM dashcam. It's slow, laborious, inefficient and not really much of a useful addition. Today I bought a new micro-SD card only to discover that it's a micro-USB socket rather than an SD card slot! Well, it is on the wife's side of the car - I just read that there was a micro-USB and assumed wrongly without checking, so I only have myself to blame.

However, has anyone tried connecting a lead to the micro-USB socket? Does it need to be an OTG device or is it possible to use a standard USB to micro USB lead and plug it into a laptop/chromebook? Preferably I'd like to download videos to my phone or tablet but a standard USB port is required so the laptop option is more accesible. Does it speed up the download process, can anyone tell me?

The bottom line is can any justify the dashcam for me? I'm surprised that it isn't more efficient than it appears. Am I wasting my time with it or can it prove to be a practical feature (even though you can only do anything with the car running, like the satnav upgrades - how non-green is that)?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Cheers,

Martin

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

You can download from the camera to a smartphone using the Connected Cam app. However it is slow, and once it is on the phone, the only way I got a photo or video off the phone was by emailing it, and my phone would not email the file without reducing the size and definition.

The simplest way is to use a micro usb lead to a laptop, where it acts just like a memory stick. It appears in 'this pc' as a drive and you can readily copy and paste the files to whereve you want. You do not need the 'ignition' to be on to download.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

My, that's a lot of Citroens! I'm curious, do you ever buy cars that aren't Citroen?
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
martinwo

Post by martinwo »

It's fair to say that a few of those listed were company cars and not purchased, but I chose to get Citroens given the option. I have had an Audi A4 and a Peugeot 208 GTi (both company cars), a Misubishi Outlander PHEV (following my affection for my C-Crosser that I wish I'd kept), one or two Fords (company cars without a choice) and a Renault 4 many years ago. I just think that Citroens offer a solution that is stylish, modern and extremely individualistic.

Given a choice I'll get a Citroen and have done for 45 years, as you can see!
martinwo

Post by martinwo »

Jay R wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:45 am My, that's a lot of Citroens! I'm curious, do you ever buy cars that aren't Citroen?
It's fair to say that a few of those listed were company cars and not purchased, but I chose to get Citroens given the option. I have had an Audi A4 and a Peugeot 208 GTi (both company cars), a Misubishi Outlander PHEV (following my affection for my C-Crosser that I wish I'd kept), one or two Fords (company cars without a choice) and a Renault 4 many years ago. I just think that Citroens offer a solution that is stylish, modern and extremely individualistic.

Given a choice I'll get a Citroen and have done for 45 years, as you can see!
martinwo

Post by martinwo »

routemaster1 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:52 pm You can download from the camera to a smartphone using the Connected Cam app. However it is slow, and once it is on the phone, the only way I got a photo or video off the phone was by emailing it, and my phone would not email the file without reducing the size and definition.

The simplest way is to use a micro usb lead to a laptop, where it acts just like a memory stick. It appears in 'this pc' as a drive and you can readily copy and paste the files to whereve you want. You do not need the 'ignition' to be on to download.
Sorted! A simple solution - many thanks. So it's easy to see recordings as long as you're patient - it IS very slow. But at least it justifies the cam for me now. Just a shame it isn't documented very well anywhere (that I've found anyway).