Total loss of sound

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Munrosaxman

Post by Munrosaxman »

My C3 Aircross has lost all sound. Radio, phone, sat AB instructions. Nothing. Nada. Rien. The radio volume control is u/s. I have checked all settings. The dealer had it in and did a software update. They said this had fixed it. When I sat with the service guy in the car, guess what - still dead a a dodo. New radio order they said. That was two weeks ago. Today I take it in for the works. Except not. Yesterday I ring to check they have the new radio/touchscreen/does everything unit. Oh no, they say. We have to have the car in for diagnostic tests before we can order one. But wasn’t that what you did before? Citroen say we have to run tests before we can order a replacement. How long?, I ask. Don’t know, they say. Well you can keep the b****y car until it fixed, say I, frustrated, enraged and generally extremely disappointed at the dreadful customer service from this Citroen main dealer. If they don’t fix it I shall say where. Anyone else come across this problem? And, is this type of after-sales service on a nearly new car typical of the Marque?

AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

Well perhaps not quite as extreme as your situation, but I have had a couple of run ins with my dealer who is stubbornly determined they are right and believing me the customer (me) is a clueless twit. Theyre only interested in the sale and getting you on a paid service plan and don't want ot speak to you again until your 2-3 years is up so they can flog you another car.

Having said that, I don't suppose theyre any different to any other car dealer.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

If you are not satisfied, you could try another dealer.
Smoothie

Post by Smoothie »

Hi .Had my citroen C3 Aircross in for same thing lost radio stations.got stations back but then no sound on radio Citroen garage did all tests and told me I needed a replacement .That was on 09/01/20 After chasing this up several times they need to get a new radio from Contnental in France.After having Citroen for over 20 years this will be my last.Why do Citroen garages not have access to spare radios?