Connected Nav

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Muz

Post by Muz »

Hi all, I collected my new C5 Aircross on Thursday and struggling with the Connected Apps side of things.

I understand I have 3 years free Connected Nav but when I try to sign up online it says I am not eligible. The sat nav itself says it isn't activated. I emailed Citroen who said it can take 9 working days to activate...how long did others wait? I had a quick search and looks like some people got it straight away.

Also, with the Connected Cam do people not stay connected to it all the time? I tried but when connected to the cam I can't use Android Auto as not connected to 3g/4g. I'm thinking I might just connect when I need a picture, which is likely only in the event of an accident as it might be a bit of a gimmick!

srperry

Post by srperry »

My dealer connected the Connected Nav for me prior to my collecting the car. It was working when I collected it.

Connected Cam I don't bother with. It's easier to plug in a laptop and download from there via USB. You don't even need the ignition on. I mostly download photos taken with the dashcam, and video when I feel like it or have a need.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Muz

Post by Muz »

Thanks for the response. I thought it might be the case but the dealer said that he can't set it up and has to be done by Citroen themselves! Will have to give it until beginning of next week as Citroen won't help me unless 9 working days have passed, which is a pain!
Mothy

Post by Mothy »

Mine took a couple of days. Then was ok. No further action was taken by me or the dealer. It just started working.
Roly Alcock, Upton Upon Severn, Citroen C3 Aircross 1.2L Flair 6 Speed, colour coded to match the dog.
Greer1958

Post by Greer1958 »

Has anyone subscribed to the speed camera function? If so does it work? It’s an expensive add-on but would consider if this works. Thanks in advance
srperry

Post by srperry »

Yes and yes. Relatively speaking, it doesn't cost much at all...
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Greer1958

Post by Greer1958 »

Many thanks srperry will go ahead and purchase
srperry

Post by srperry »

No problem. Be aware that it doesn't warn you about mobile cameras, only fixed ones. But you can't miss the warning, which is a loud 'ping' through the sound system in the car. Also if you have the navigation screen turned on in the centre tablet you get quite a bit of information - such as on motorways how many cameras over the road ahead, how far etc. It also shows a red line if you are speeding which changes to yellow if just over and green when within limit. Once past the camera you get a single ping to let you know, On the drivers display you get an icon depicting the type of camera - speed, traffic lights, etc.
Greer1958

Post by Greer1958 »

bless your heart
Vale46

Post by Vale46 »

Hi
Had my C5 for a week and half now
Took a week to get the service activated I then paid for the camera update happy days, however it only worked on Thursday night since then I have a not saying services unavailable
Any ideas ?