Wrong units in head-up display when using navigation

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
WombatAttack

Post by WombatAttack »

So I've got a C3 Aircross with the head-up display and built in sat nav. When navigating, the head-up display will display directions. This is why I use the inbuilt navigation over Apple/Android maps (which only show on the main screen). However the head-up display uses the wrong abbreviation for "metres" (using "mi" instead of "m"). So if a junction is 100m away, the head-up display shows "100mi".

Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't mentioned it to the dealer yet as it is minor, but it's pretty odd.

JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi, I haven't got this option myself but would have thought that if you have your general settings configured to miles rather than km, you would be seeing units in yards and miles rather than metres, but then 100 metres should show as 0.06mi not 100! :?:
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
WombatAttack

Post by WombatAttack »

It’s worth mentioning that the main screen will show junction distance correctly (e.g. 100m). So not a big deal, just curious to know if it’s just me!
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

TBH I hadn't thought to check. It does seem a bit odd so I'll try to remember to set the sat nav tonight for the trip home and report back
Malekith

Post by Malekith »

Just checked mine, not set to metric so my heads up display shows yards
Aircross C3 Flair (auto) Misty grey with family pack, sunroof, park assist pack and hifi pack.
WombatAttack

Post by WombatAttack »

Duh, of course!.. Just realising that I'm not going to get many people in the UK with my problem (unless they can be bothered to change their units to kilometres). I'm in Australia and I'm guessing there are not too many people on this forum from regions that use kms. I'll pester the dealer instead!
-VJ-

Post by -VJ- »

Same problem here. head up display says 100 mi, when I close HUD dashboard navigation display says 100 m. So the difference is only with HUD program.
C3 Aircross Shine 1,5 BlueHDI 100 "Pull me over red", Tornio, Finland
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

I'm getting miles and yards in both displays.
-VJ-

Post by -VJ- »

Change units to metric and look the odd error. I also try set system to three different language and error stays on.
C3 Aircross Shine 1,5 BlueHDI 100 "Pull me over red", Tornio, Finland
WombatAttack

Post by WombatAttack »

Thanks -VJ-. Good to know I'm not alone. I'll see if Citroen Australia can fix it.