C5 aircross, possible recall

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Redneck

Post by Redneck »

I have had my car for only 3 months, and at the moment it has been returned to the dealership on the back of a tow truck.

First issue. Engine management light comes on with warning to head straight to dealer. I stop the car and turn off engine and do a system reset, no good, fault still there. Driving car home to get issue sorted, adblue light comes on, so I top up with 4 litre of adblue, still having issue. Citroen assist contacted, and roadside recovery sent out. Error code for sensor for emissions and adblue found. Citroen technical called to get more information to find out fault.

Second day. Car is now showing issue with collision assistance, basically put the brakes on immediately, as thought the car was going to crash. Only moved it 100 yards on a clear car park. Also parking sensors not working properly. Reading obstruction in the cars path, when it is clear. Citroen assist contacted again. Another recovery vehicle dispatched. And other phone call from citroen technical. They believe ecu has failed.

Car has been recalled to dealership for full investigation by both dealerships and citroen uk.

Will update on the developments as this could possibly effect the C5 aircross.