C3 Aircross confusion.

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

I had my C3 in at the agents yesterday, and I had a petrol C3 Aircross as a loan car. I enjoyed using the Aircross but I am confused. According to the Citroen configurator the least powerful petrol engine available is a110bhp 1.2. The car I had was very low geared, running at ~21 mph per 1000 rpm in 5th gear. It also was quite poor at hill climbing in 5th, although it ran along a motorway nicely. On investigating I found that there was no turbo. Compare this to our 110 bhp, which certainly has a turbo and a 6 speed gearbox. When I checked the speeds I found 4th on mine to be slightly lower geared than the aircross in 5th, 5th on mine significantly longer than the aircross at ~23 mph /1000rpm, and of course 6t being considerably higher at ~30 mph/1000rpm.

So my question is: what power did my loan car have? Was it an 87 bhp engine, which is no longer available?

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

If you can remember the registration number of the loan car you can enter it into www.carveto.co.uk
Down the page on the left you will see the BHP (and other info) being readily available.
Andy
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Handy Andy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:26 pm If you can remember the registration number of the loan car you can enter it into www.carveto.co.uk
Down the page on the left you will see the BHP (and other info) being readily available.
Andy
Unfortunately I didn't note it, but it was 19 reg with only 3000 miles on it.
Last edited by routemaster1 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothy

Post by Mothy »

The model you had was the Touch, which is as you describe. No turbo. 14 secs to 62 mph instead of 10 secs.
This model is no longer available.
Roly
Roly Alcock, Upton Upon Severn, Citroen C3 Aircross 1.2L Flair 6 Speed, colour coded to match the dog.