Speed camera alert upgrade

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Hello everyone.
I’ve just purchased my new C3 Aircross Flair 130 bhp, and apart from a few niggles, and am generally very pleased with it. I am a little disappointed that the sat nav does not include speed camera alerts, especially so as my existing standalone Garmin Sat nav includes lifelong map and speed camera alerts!
Has anyone paid for the Citroen upgrade for this facility, and if so is it worth it and is it reliable?

Chrislo
C3 Aircross Flair 130
Sept 2019
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue

Korber

Post by Korber »

You can have speed camera alerts for free with Android auto or apple carplay and apps like google maps or waze.
C3 aircross 110 BVM6 Shine.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I purchased the speed camera database and Tom Tom Traffic for my C5 Aircross from the Citroen site and find it just as good as my old stick on windscreen sat nav.
I know it's a cheek expecting you to pay for it when it's standard on the gadgets you can buy over the counter, but it is what it is. Most car manufacturers are the same.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Many thanks for the info, will try the Android app first, though I’m doubtful that it will work on my phone, it’s a bit ancient!
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

Handy Andy - as far as I am aware the C3 doesn't have the facility to install another model sat nav software ,nor does the C3 sat nav have a speed camera upgrade from what Ive seen.
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

It is an option on my Citroen connected store for my vehicle, it's £69 for one year or £139 for 3 years.
sic:- Your C3 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S 6 Speed Manual Flair is compatible
Freedombtn

Post by Freedombtn »

Why do you need speed camera alert
Just dont speed therefore you dont need to be alerted.
LOL