Stop,start does not work

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
mike1940

Post by mike1940 »

:o Apart from the odd bad battery stop start is also dependent on driver use of features.
Low mileage in summer is as bad as low mileage in winter.
One comment here is Citroen commented about the internal fan.
First time this has been reported. Suggest the poster emails Citroen France Technical as this comment is incorrect. :idea:

Jay R

Post by Jay R »

My fan continues when the auto s/start turns the engine off. The air con doesn't, but the fan still goes.
Last edited by Jay R on Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
Mort666

Post by Mort666 »

Stop start does it work with the switch pressed or when off.?
billt

Post by billt »

Only wish there was an option to have the stop/start off as a default. Where I live there are people constantly walking in the middle of the road. In one 200 metre section, I tested it, and it activated 6 times. Have also on a few occasions put my foot on the accelerator just as it decided to turn itself off and it emitted a loud clunk. I now turn it off as a matter of course, if I don't forget, as soon as I start the car. Although once I inadvertently turned off the parking sensors (next row down) and not hearing any sensor warnings managed to reverse into a pole.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I think we have European emissions regulations to thank for not being able to permanently disable start/stop :(
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

I'm guessing you have an automatic yes? With a manaul gearbox you just have to keep your foot on the clutch for short stops and it won't activate but I can see how it would be very annoying with an automatic. I'm afraid that's just the way it's going these days, they are tring to take the human element out of driving as much as possible. I guess if it helps save polluting or lives it's not a terrible idea but as you say, these things can be bloody annoying. I wish I could turn off the lane departure with a single quick button push rather than a 5 second hold as often I'm driving down country lanes and it goes off sometimes even though I have no choice but to go close to the edge of the lane.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

with the automatic gearbox just activate P and the parking brake and the engine does not start
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
Deleted User 365

Post by Deleted User 365 »

rdeknegt wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:55 am with the automatic gearbox just activate P and the parking brake and the engine does not start
Or keep your foot on the foot brake or select N and apply the parking brake.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Yes mine's an auto - I've noticed that wiggling the steering wheel also starts the engine ;)
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

than dont wiggle the steering Wheel 😂. whiggling activates the powersteering and Starts the engine. happens on all cars with ss system
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive