C3 Aircross recall?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

I only collected my C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP on the 2nd September (2019) and have had a recall already? They said it needs a software update. Has anyone else had this recall or is it something that the dealership should have been aware of before delivery?
I did just notice whilst stationary and in my driveway a warning light appear for the collision warning system? I restarted the engine and the light went out.
The garage said that they did not know about this update before delivery, but I am just checking to see if this is true?
It's going in on Monday for the check.
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue

mss1641

Post by mss1641 »

Another way to check to see if your car is due a recall is to look at the govt mot check website, put reg in it will display car details and if any known recalls are outstanding.
Not sure if it will display outstanding recalls if car is brand new but it's worth a look.

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status
2018 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Petrol
Black, White Roof. :roll:
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Thanks for that, have checked but nothing showing?
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

They will only show safety critical recalls. The best way to find if you have a recall is to go to an agent.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

May be something to do with this.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=220
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Yes, I thought it may be this, and if so, the dealer should have known about this before delivering it to me, so I'm not too pleased if this is the case?
mike1940

Post by mike1940 »

:shock: could be the informant is confusing the NAV SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE update announced in June.
I have loaded it just the way maps updates are done. All went ok. :ugeek:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I had one several months ago which was related to the seat belts and/or a wiring harness but nothing else yet - first service coming up in around 6 weeks so maybe it will be done then.
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Took it in today for the software update, something to do with warning lights but nothing specific? Wasn't too happy at the outset, as should have been told to bring my spare key in as was needed to be present for the update, subsequently 14 mile round drive back home to get it.
Also, the first person on reception said the update should have been completed b4 I took delivery on the 2nd Sept, but another receptionist said the update wasn't announced until the 3rd Sept? Who knows?
-VJ-

Post by -VJ- »

Chrislo wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:28 pm
I did just notice whilst stationary and in my driveway a warning light appear for the collision warning system? I restarted the engine and the light went out.
I noticed that when engine is running, car doesn’t move and driver’s safety belt is off the collision warning light does light. Plugging safety belt on light disappears. Intended behaviour or a bug? C3 aircross Shine diesel, manufactured in June 2019.
C3 Aircross Shine 1,5 BlueHDI 100 "Pull me over red", Tornio, Finland