C5 aircross connected cam

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Redneck

Post by Redneck »

Hi there. I have had mine c5 aircross about 6 weeks. A during this time, frustrated that the connected cam will not connect to my phone( Samsung note 9). I have tried reloading app, etc but still comes up with message saying connection error. App is about as helpful as a kick in the head!!! Anyone else having a connection issue. Can anyone give me some pointers as to what is wrong and what I need to do to get the connection issue sorted.

Cheers.

srperry

Post by srperry »

I connected my Galaxy S7 to the car and it worked fine - you have to connect via WiFi if I remember correctly. But to be honest I think the Connectam app is a crock, and I just connect my Windows 10 tablet via USB directly and download the files from there.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

Have the same Problem with my Samsung A50. Telephone works via Bluetooth 100%, have to connect via Wifi, however it than connects to sim Card in car.
No go. than a Problem to reconnect to the home WiFi Network, as it insists Connection to Citoen (Also the Citroen Logo is visible on top of the Display, ) Network.
All other available Networks are blended out.
The Citroen apps suck, but better the apps than the car.
I download the Contents of the camera with my Windows tablet,
By the way the phone did update all citroen apps, but they are still useless.
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

...and when you do get it connected it only records in kph with no ability to change to mph.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

Well, as Long the car is ok, I do bot habe a Problem with the apps.
Always lived without them, so I so bot miss them.

Ps. Sorry for the spelling, spell check changes words to german.
Redneck

Post by Redneck »

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to try it wired through the port on the side of the unit and see if I can load that way. Only really interested to download in the incident of accident etc. Not that bothered about sharing stuff on social media.
Richc2005

Post by Richc2005 »

I have an Android phone (personal) and an iPhone (work). The Android just refuses to connect as I suspect that there are too many variants of both phones and software for Citroen to keep on top of them all. So I assume that some Androids will be ok and others, like mine, not so.

However, the iPhone connects fine, although it is still slow to upload files via the WiFi connection.
C5 Aircross 1.2 Flair Polar White
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

If you have an accident, the movie is saved in a separate Folder.
Easy to find if you connect to cam bv USB
Redneck

Post by Redneck »

I will give this a try out at the weekend. Thanks for all the feedback. I will be interested to see what response I get from the dealer ship, as emailed to ask for some help.