False Alarms

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
OJWethorns

Post by OJWethorns »

I purchased a new Citroen C5 Aircross on 21sy May 2019.
Almost immediately it developed a fault with the alarm which, once set goes of continualy ,for no reason.
The only way around this is to manually lock the car with the “emergency key”
On 4th June (the first available date) I took the car to my local Citroen dealer.
They were unable to find or fix the fault and advised me that they had consulted Citroen for assistance.
So far I have had not further contact from the dealer or Citroen.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Threaten to reject the car as not fit for purpose. Put it in writing.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
OJWethorns

Post by OJWethorns »

After a subseqnet visit to the local dealer, they have told me the problem is a faulty siren and they would have tot order a new one. That was 12 days ago and I am still waiting. i now wish I had never bought the ****ing car.
srperry

Post by srperry »

I wouldn't let one faulty component spoil my view of the car or its maker.

It's a great car. Enjoy the positives instead of concentrating on the one negative. I'm sure it will be remedied. One of the problems of buying a brand new model of car is that spares will always be initially in short supply.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Fistral

Post by Fistral »

My C3 Aircross had the same problem, a faulty siren was also diagnosed, part ordered and fitted with 24hrs. 2 days later, the false alarms have started again - back to the dealer.
Dasdad

Post by Dasdad »

Fistral, did you get to the bottom of the alarm problem?
My C5 Aircross is out of warranty but has developed the same fault.