Apple Car Play Not Working - C5 Aircross

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
backofthenet

Post by backofthenet »

Hi all

proud owner (well my wife is) of a new C5 Aircross Flair Plus

spent the weekend getting the tech set up / working but am struggling with Apple Car Play

anyone have instructions on how to set this up?

i have a iphone 6S and it does support car play but when cable plugged into USB port whilst car play sees the car the mirror function does not work / is not activated

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Juat a thought but have you signed up for the Connected Services on the Citroen website?
I struggled a bit at first with the Android App.
Tried to activate in the cars system but wouldn't work. Then joined the connected services but still couldn't get it to acticate. Then downloaded the Android App to my phone and hey presto it was recognised. This was because the dealer failed to remember to do the cars activation service before I picked it up.
You do need to have a good 3G or 4G signal where you are parked, something in my area I had to drive around to find. So I guess it is the same for Apple play or Mirror link.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
Freedombtn

Post by Freedombtn »

I had similar problem, turned out to be the cable bought a quality one and everything worked straight away.
BenjaminBS

Post by BenjaminBS »

Try enabling Siri.
Darecki

Post by Darecki »

Hi, I can confirm previous post. Car Play will not work until Siri will be enabled. You will not find any info regarding this in car manual. It’s deeply hidden in IOS guides:)
Fastbysuzuki

Post by Fastbysuzuki »

Yep same here you need a cottect apple cable not a cheap copy as they will not transfare data. You phone is CarPlay compatible.
you can find an official cable a lot cheaper than buying apple like here
https://www.digitalsave.co.uk/apple-lig ... gI9_vD_BwE