Automatic Braking System Fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Aircross

Post by Aircross »

Hi have the same problem with my Aircross talked to dealer today they said they have just received a software update to cure the problem .
Booked in for the 24th will let you know what happens.

Korber

Post by Korber »

Thank you for reporting. These are very encouraging news, I hope with this fix the problem is solved permanently .
C3 aircross 110 BVM6 Shine.
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

Could you post info of your dealership and or any info on the software repair they did so I can go to my dealer with that info?

I tried and they denied knowledge of a known problem.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I have no info on the fix. Dealer was Stoneacre. The problem has not arisen since fix was applied.
Aircross

Post by Aircross »

Sorry everyone it’s been a while had the software update everything fine and systems working well.
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

Slightly off topic, but has anyone had the pleasure of having the automatic braking kick in? I just came back from the lake district and whilst there it clearly thought I wasn't going to stop in time - even though I was already slightly braking and wasn't speeding - and all wheels locked up, screeching on tarmac, and everyone (including me) was slung forward, all kinds of crap fell off the seats. Scared the crap out of me!

To make it more embarrassing, I'd only just passed a police car at a junction so was sure he was going to come up to me for driving carelessly or something. Fortunately he didn't and we also stopped in plenty of distance. The poor chap in front of me must have wondered what was going on though!
aircrossgran

Post by aircrossgran »

I had this problem to but took it back to the dealership and its now sorted. Its not happened since.
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

Took my C3 Aircross to the dealer on Monday for its first service and told them about the fault. They called later to say their diagnostics hadn't turned up anything, a test drive neither and they hadn't been advised by Citroen of any fault or software updates. So I said what were they going to do about it and they said as its not a repeatable problem they couldn't do very much to which I replied that it certainly was repeatable - virtually every evening as I leave work and the reason their tests had probably failed was because they hadn't tried it on an incline.

I printed off these pages here and showed them when I went to pick it up and that there clearly had been an update around April which sorted it out and told them they need to report the fault to Citroen. Nothing would ever get done if they aren't made aware.

I'm going to call the dealer today if I get a minute to see what they are able to do but I don't hold much hope as they seem a bit "meh" about it.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Sounds like your dealer is a bit lazy - on my first service last week mine told me they had located an update for this and had fixed it. I haven't driven the car enough to check yet but will report back if it happens again.
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
MrT

Post by MrT »

AdrianC wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:03 am Took my C3 Aircross to the dealer on Monday for its first service and told them about the fault. They called later to say their diagnostics hadn't turned up anything, a test drive neither and they hadn't been advised by Citroen of any fault or software updates. So I said what were they going to do about it and they said as its not a repeatable problem they couldn't do very much to which I replied that it certainly was repeatable - virtually every evening as I leave work and the reason their tests had probably failed was because they hadn't tried it on an incline.

I printed off these pages here and showed them when I went to pick it up and that there clearly had been an update around April which sorted it out and told them they need to report the fault to Citroen. Nothing would ever get done if they aren't made aware.

I'm going to call the dealer today if I get a minute to see what they are able to do but I don't hold much hope as they seem a bit "meh" about it.
I had pretty much the same experience - I told them about it when I took mine in for it's seat sensor recall and when I picked it up they said they couldn't repeat it and diagnostics didn't turn anything up. Said I should get a video of it happening to show them but it's so rare I park up on a hill that I've not bothered yet.