C5A v C4 Initial thoughts after 5 days

The place to discuss everything else..
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

just a few of my observations comparing the C4 shine plus to the C5 Aircross we exchanged last weekend.

Smoother ride quality
Superior sound system ( proper hifi ) but sub woofer is in the spare wheel well !
Full leather and heated seats
Better mpg... same 130 hdi power plant.
Heads up display.. didn't think I'd like it, but I do !
Auto self unlocking and alarm setting when in proximity to car.
Lovely looking car in Elixir Red
Shine plus has most of the C5A gadgets, highway assist etc..They share lots of similar tech.
Cruise control is easier to enable as on the actual steering wheel ( on C5A its a small hidden stalk /column)
Speed camera / danger zones included for free with the Connected Nav subscription.. ( £75 p.a on the C5A )
Not many new shape C4's about !

Dislikes / niggles really
The auto gear lever is a little toggle switch rather than a gear lever / knob ( I think I prefer the C5A auto gear stick) But getting used to it slowly.
The spare wheel well is filled with a huge subwoofer ! Rather have a spare wheel to be honest .
Parking sensors volume very low ( compared to C5A)
Driver seat adjustment is mechanical as opposed to electric.. ( only available as an upgrade when new, with other features)
No magic windscreen washers... as on the C5A..they are regular jet sprays.
Less information permanently on display on the much smaller dashboard screen (e.g auto wipe just flashes up- not constant)
No electric blind on the glass sunroof.. ( due to coupe styling of the roofline)

This one, I find bizarre...
no rear wash wipe, designers rely on the rake / slope of the tail gate to clear the screen... ermm.. no it doesn't, not very well anyway.

I would have liked an eC4 full electric, but I don't think the technology is ready yet, the infrastructure certainly isn't !
The salesperson told us about their own range anxieties and they work for Citroen !

That's about it thus far,
The dislikes are more minor than anything, and mostly me getting used to the new car set up / styling.
Overall, we are very pleased with the C4 Shine Plus, the ride quality is certainly better than the C5A and the mpg is considerably better...
The engine albeit the same 130 EAT8, seems a bit more responsive, but as its only done 4k miles, its still running in !
Yes... we like it...
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

I watched a video about a journey in an EV the other day. He said he didn't think it was 'range anxiety' but 'charger anxiety'. What he meant was 'when I need a charger will I be able to find one, will it be in working order, will it be in use on another car which will be there for an extended time?' I watched a another one where the chap was driving from Hapshire to somewhere on the mid-Wales border. He had no issue finding a charger on the way up, and had enough charge to get to his destination, then back to the same place for a charge on the way back. When he got there it was occupied, so he had to use satnav to find another, This was out of service, so he ahd to find a third which was OK. He then got enough chage to get home. There is a high chance that any petrol or diesel car will not consume a full tank of fuel on what I beleive was an approximately 400 mile round trip.