Citroën C3 Aircross restylé (2021)

The place to discuss everything else..
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Just found this on Youtube. Hope your French is good.

Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Very much the same vehicle - just a facelift - but glad to see they have finally got some newer headlamps (possibly LED from the looks of it). Looks like they've listened to feedback and criticism and finally added a 'hard' button for the quick access to the heating controls for the Touchscreen system.

Can't see too many other changes, but I suspect stricter engine compliance will feature.

Oh goody - it's now kitted out with a snow scoop!
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Ok the infotainment looks better but the wheels aren't as good as the current 17 inch.
I noted that the driver has a grab handle but then it's the French version.
The current car has a quick access to the heating just like the MK3 hatchback does. Where I hear you ask. Just touch the top centre of the screen where the interior temp and A/C AUTO or AUTO or its blank and like magic a page appears that allows you to change the temp, fan speed and if the Aircon is off switch it on by pressing the Auto legend at the bottom. You can't turn the Aircon if it's on though. Once you've made your adjustment, you can either return to your previous page i.e. Nav by pressing the arrow top left OR do nothing and after a few seconds the screen will revert automatically.
This is facility is mention in the user guide in MyCitroen app, just touch the car symbol.on the home page, then vehicle docs, then touch the right-hand spot on the touch screen. Scroll through the pages to the last one.
Last edited by Beanee687 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Deleted User 830

Yes, got that re the screen, but I think people where wanting a hard button they could press without having to take their eyes off the road and faff with the screen multiple times to adjust the heating.

With this hard button it should be easy to touch by feel, then have instant access to the heater screen.

It will be interesting to see what else has been added and what has been removed compared with new pricing though.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

At present you can get to the heating by pressing the heating button bottom left, from any other page on the screen it's a hard button. 1 press.
On the facelift you have to press the home button, then press the heating button that appears on the screen. 2 presses.
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Progress....
Deleted User 830

Beanee687 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:37 pm At present you can get to the heating by pressing the heating button bottom left, from any other page on the screen it's a hard button. 1 press.
On the facelift you have to press the home button, then press the heating button that appears on the screen. 2 presses.
I don't think we are talking about the same system. There is no Hard Button on the control panel underneath the Connected Nav Touchscreen for Heating controls. Only for the Demist, Heated Rear Window, Hazard and Locking as you can see below: The button I have arrowed in green is not a 'Hard Button' either - it's a touch sensitive button, so very hit and miss when driving as to whether you touch it or hit the Navigation Button, or something else on the main screen - I am always doing this and it's annoying in the extreme.
Connect Nav Button.PNG
What the system should have is the Peugeot implementation of this system like this - HARD BUTTON option that you physically press to access the heater control screen.
image_2021-02-12_222429.png
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

I used the term hard button as it is always there on the screen. The new screen has no peripheral buttons so you have have to press a home button then one of the touch buttons that appear in the screen home page. More fuffing about. I do have a C3 Aircross Flair I did have a C3 MK3 hatchback flair with the same screen.
Personally I don't change the heating control setting enough to warrant a change. Mine is set on 21C Auto but Aircon off. In option my fan is set to quiet when auto mode on.
Deleted User 830

Ok, so now we're on the same page :D

I think the 'Hard Button' on the Peugeot implementation is nice to have - but even better would be heating controls completely separate as they used to be :ugeek: As in turning the knob to get some heat when you need it. :)
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

🤗