Mycitroen App update

The place to discuss everything else..
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Mycitroen App update issued today by Playstore.
Version 1.27.1.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars

Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

IOS has been on version 1.27.0 for the last month, so no further update as of today.
gerbil40

Post by gerbil40 »

My App decided not to work at all after 2months . Using i phone ‘ so awaiting new version on app store . Hopefully will
Work again .
Citroen C3 Aircross Flair 2020 ( Manual ) 110ps Platinum Grey/ Black roof
JFS Dorset

Post by JFS Dorset »

Mine stopped recently too. I got it going again on 6 Feb by, turning ignition on, switching off then on bluetooth on iphone, connect with usb to car as normal, open app on iPhone. Afew seconds later all journeys I had made appeared in app. App may ask you for permission to access!
C3 Aircross 2019 with feel spec in silver and black. Previous car Citroen C5 Petrol VTR
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

The 'My Citroen' App is a lemon in my opinion. It's totally unreliable and will very likely lose your data randomly which has been the thrust of many complaints.

It will work fine one moment and then just stop without warning. It can be a combination of when PSA update their servers and also when there are bugs for some smart phones, so they release a software update. This in turn fixes some phones and then breaks other phones that were working just fine when they are updated to the new version. So it's an ongoing catch 22 situation.

I have to say, although I don't wear a tin foil hat and am not part of the Flat Earth Society, do you really want PSA and its affiliates to know exactly where you are going and track your every movement?

I just use the 2 trip counters - one for total mileage / consumption and the other one for individual trips. I have the full car manual as a PDF on my iPhone and I don't really want PSA trying to tell me when I need to spend some money with them thank you very much. Rant Over :D
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Seconded
srperry

Post by srperry »

If you have the Citroen Emergency button installed they can do that already. Do you really think that they are that bothered about tracking every car they ever build? I think not. They would need a data-centre the size of the UK to store all the data from PSA-built cars around the world, and if they don't store it, what's the point?
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

srperry wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:18 am If you have the Citroen Emergency button installed they can do that already. Do you really think that they are that bothered about tracking every car they ever build? I think not. They would need a data-centre the size of the UK to store all the data from PSA-built cars around the world, and if they don't store it, what's the point?
Seconded
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Knowledge is power !
All the large companies nowadays want your info, your trends, your likes so that they can "tailor their services to suit your requirements". Well that's what they will tell you, in reality its about where they can make money.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Airtool wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:04 am Knowledge is power !
All the large companies nowadays want your info, your trends, your likes so that they can "tailor their services to suit your requirements". Well that's what they will tell you, in reality its about where they can make money.
This ^^^
It’s not some secret agency trying to monitor how often you go to MacDonalds.
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic