Map and Touch Screen Updates

The place to discuss everything else..
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

No luck!

I just tried a Map update with a 32GB stick and I got a Not Compatible With Hardware message!!

One more try with the Sony stick and then I will ask the dealer if they can find out if there is a issue with this release.
C3 Aircross 110BHP Petrol Manual

the2ems

Post by the2ems »

After successfully updating the touchscreen software yesterday, I tried updating the mapping. Got the same message “version not compatible with hardware”. This is very strange. I’m just downloading again, being sure to get all the steps right. If that doesn’t work, I’ll add it to the list for the dealer to sort, along with the stop/start. :(
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Failed. Tried two different brands of flash drive, got same message. Version not compatible with hardware.
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

20201123_141249.jpg

Yes I had the same experience.
There is something not quite right with this version for our cars.

Three types of memory, 9 hours plus of downloading and one result :!:
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

JohnLX wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:55 pm 20201123_141249.jpg

Yes I had the same experience.
There is something not quite right with this version for our cars.

Three types of memory, 9 hours plus of downloading and one result :!:
:|
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

I reported the issue to the dealer and the service department say that the BSI (body control unit) needs an upgrade on my vehicle.
They are not sure if this is related to my problem and they are going to get back to me.
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

After numerous Twitter messages back and forth with a guy at Citroen, he is stumped. But he is going to raise the issue with the Connected Services team, and get back to me. .............to be continued!
Yorkshire Pud

Post by Yorkshire Pud »

I updated the touchscreen software successfully today using the Citroen update app after trying several times. I purchased a new USB 3 data stick as it wasn't updating using my USB 2 sticks. I have noticed that the cartography update has disappeared from the app and the Citroen site, this makes me wonder whether they have recognised that there is an issue?
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

Regarding the map. I asked the main dealer to look into it and they haven't got back to me yet but I wouldn't be surprised if Citroen have withdrawn it until a fix is in place. No doubt they must have had one or two other people reporting the same issue to them.

Did you use at 64GB or greater memory stick? There is a caveat in the update manual about what actions are needed to take with memory sticks of 64GB and over as they have to be formatted as FAT32 and another program is needed to partition them first .

I spent a LOT of hours trying different memory sticks, it takes me over 3 hours to download maps, and the 'best' stick I had was a 16GB USB2.
It was also interesting that the whole upgrade process was halted on the map update even though there was a 'good' system update present.
In the future I will be only carrying out one update at a time if more than one is needed.

And, one other thing was mentioned by my dealer about my car - the service record is already showing it needs a BSI update. So it will be interesting to see if this problem is related to it or not.
Yorkshire Pud

Post by Yorkshire Pud »

I used a 32GB data stick which is what the instructions advise as the best option. I only downloaded the touchscreen update with the intention to download the map update if that was successful. I initially tried from the Citroen website and after a lot of messing about with zip files and partitioning it failed. I downloaded the app which effectively does everything for you, including formatting the USB.

This is where I downloaded the app;
https://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-service ... ion-system