Map and Touch Screen Updates

The place to discuss everything else..
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

The garage that I use is unable to give any more details other that Citroen state that Rev. 10 is the current working version and that 16, although temporarily available on My Citroen, is not designed for use in this vehicle.

It also seems strange that the non compatible version uses the same numbering scheme for maps used in this model. AND that it was made available for our cars - perhaps in error?

Version 10 'appears' to be over a year old which is ancient for todays ever changing road systems. My TomTom Go is frequently updated and I am puzzled that the Citroen version of TomTom is not updated in the same way.

So if there IS another 2019 110BHP 1.2 manual Flair using a later than version 10 map then it would be nice to let Citroen 'know' about it :!:

Just a thought - wouldn't it be a good idea for Citroën to take part in this forum?
C3 Aircross 110BHP Petrol Manual

Airtool

Post by Airtool »

I have a 2020 c3 aircross flair, on Citroen app it stated my map was up to date 14.0.0.-r0 but my screen was 21.08.22.32 and needed an update.
I updated with a 10gb drive (update was 2.6gb) to 21.08.84.12.
It initially showed media error + not compatible until i changed folders on drive.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

I t looks like you upgraded the system files to 21.08.84.12. and that your map is 14.0.0.

The issue that I have is that I cannot upgrade from map release 10 and Citroen are saying the release 10 IS the latest version!
You appear to be running release 14 of the map so there is either a radical change in firmware in a 2019 model to the 2020 model or Citroen are 'mistaken' !! If it is the same unit, which it probably is, then I am 4 upgrades behind.

Have you checked to see if the My Citroen app is recommending a Map update for your vehicle?
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

If you read my earlier post it was the app that informed me I needed a update on touchscreen.
It seems a few people have issues applying updates others don't.
What I found strange was some stating you needed a 32gb drive, or a certain brand. Many stated they had "program not compatible" or error in applying update, then it updated ok ?.
When I followed the instructions and made a "licence" folder on drive attached "license" and "swl" files into it i got errors and a blue screen which would not switch off. It was only when I placed just "license" only in licence folder and swl file below it loaded ok.
Of course I suppose only Citroen know what files are relevant to a particular model or year without that we are in the dark.
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

I will try and keep it short!
The stick was created using the Citroen app and failed when upgrading to MAP release 16 was attempted.
My main dealer contacted Citroen and they said that I was already up to date with maps release 10 and release 16 was NOT for my car.
Then version 16 of Maps very quickly disappeared from the server.

My car is a year old and I thought that it was probably due for a map upgrade and I started asking on the forum if anyone else had the same issue and it would seem that there are.
I then tried to narrow down what versions of System Firmware and Maps were being used on the same vehicle as my own. It would 'seem' that your vehicle is running the identical System Firmware, 21.08.84.12_NAC-r0, but a later version of Maps.

However your car is a 2020 registration and mine is a 2019 and that may be relevant. But it seems a bit odd that we are both running the same system firmware and the cars seem very close on age and specifications.

Phew!
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

My “My Citroen” app is also now saying no update available. So someone must have been listening and corrected an error.
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

What the difference is between map update 10 and 14 is anyone guess, the only other thing I did was add real time traffic for free if you read my other post.
Happy Xmas all, keep safe.
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Just noticed post by Peter m who has a 130bhp model he states he has map version 16 on his car, perhaps its because he can go faster 😂
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

I live and work near London and other built up urban areas and I rely on upon my Sat nav. Up to date maps are 'very useful' to me!
My previous car was a aging Ford Focus fitted with a TomTom Go and this was a VERY effective setup.
When I purchased the C3 with TomTom fitted I thought that I would get the same performance as my £95 TomTom Go - boy was I wrong!

I paid the £139 for the 3 year speed camera alert which mostly works. You do not get the speed limit displayed on the Map screen and you have to press the selector switch 6 times each time you start the car to display a tiny version on the dash.

The prospect of having wires dangling around the C3, with a built in Sat Nav, does not appeal to me and I have already had to have a new Dash Cam installed to minimize the visual exposed wiring.

So I decided to hook up my Samsung phones TomTom system to the cars Mirror Link but Samsung have now stopped supporting this link.

YES, Google maps and Waze 'work' but they are not in any way as good as TomTom.
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

JohnLX wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:19 am I live and work near London and other built up urban areas and I rely on upon my Sat nav. Up to date maps are 'very useful' to me!
My previous car was a aging Ford Focus fitted with a TomTom Go and this was a VERY effective setup.
When I purchased the C3 with TomTom fitted I thought that I would get the same performance as my £95 TomTom Go - boy was I wrong!

I paid the £139 for the 3 year speed camera alert which mostly works. You do not get the speed limit displayed on the Map screen and you have to press the selector switch 6 times each time you start the car to display a tiny version on the dash.

The prospect of having wires dangling around the C3, with a built in Sat Nav, does not appeal to me and I have already had to have a new Dash Cam installed to minimize the visual exposed wiring.

So I decided to hook up my Samsung phones TomTom system to the cars Mirror Link but Samsung have now stopped supporting this link.

YES, Google maps and Waze 'work' but they are not in any way as good as TomTom.
JohnLX wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:19 am
I think Waze is pretty good. That and apple car play were a significant factor in my choice of a C3 aircross
Last edited by the2ems on Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic