Map and Touch Screen Updates

The place to discuss everything else..
russbif

Post by russbif »

Waze is far more accurate than TomTom, particularly when it comes to obstructions on the road and traffic alerts, these are in realtime, and constantly updated by other users.

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Hi guys. Re lack of info via Mycitroen App as to whether an update is available. The following photos are screen shots of my reply to another version of this problem the app that loads in this case will tell you if an update is available for software or map. Mycitroen App said no this said yes. It worked. Happy new year

Screenshot_20201231-233904.png

Screenshot_20201231-233946.png

2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

Correct, here in Germany there was a bug, the licence folder was not created, the licence was simple added in the root.
Took me an hour to find out the error but in the end Icud update the car.
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

CanaryPhil wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:54 pm I think there is a fundamental problem with the Map upgrades system. I recently bought a 2018 C3 Aircross Flair 110. The Citroen update app showed that there was a screen update, which I performed successfully. It now tells me that there nis no available updates for either Touch Screen or Cartography. The currently installed version is shown as v 7.0.0 and is years out of date, a major trunk road opened in 2017 is completely missing. Citroed Customer Services said that I had the latest version and an update would be out shortly. Not true obviously, as they didn't even ask me what version was installed.
Citroen Customer Services said the exact same thing to me - it must be the "standard" answer they are told to give?
C3 Aircross 110BHP Petrol Manual
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Definitely something strange going on. I have version 10.0.0r and originally the citroen app said version 14.0.0r was available. The app sent me a link to the method that Beanee687 referred to, but after numerous attempts, I just kept getting messages that the version wasn’t compatible with the hardware. I did manage to update the system software though, and now the app and that link both say there is no update available. Having said all that, I do like Waze. Apart from the colour scheme, it’s the same as TomTom, but more up to date. I previously used a stand alone Tom Tom, with updates twice a year. The other advantage to Waze is that you can program it while sitting in the house. I always look at my destination on Google Earth, then copy the lat and long coordinates. Better than using just a postcode, which just takes you to and area.
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

ChiliPepper wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:43 pm Similarly, My Citroen App says nothing available - no screen or map update. Yet on the Citroen connected services site it says there is.

My existing version is: 21.07.67.32_NAC-r0 dated 15/02/2019
My Mapping version is: 11.0.0-r0 dates 07/08/2018

So the My Citroen App is in error it seems. I have downloaded the Update app and am now downloading the system software update which is painfully slow via their servers, despite a fast fibre connection at my end.

I will go and update the system shortly, then see what happens regarding any later map update as 2 years out of date is a bit ridiculous I agree.

Attempting to install System Software version: 21.08.84.12_NAC-r0
Well the Firmware went on OK, but the download speed from PSA servers was pitiful.

Again, no maps available via My Citroen App or the Citroen Updater. I have also tried a third party utility written by a Dutch chap that allows you to check if there are any updates showing on PSA servers using a different method. The same result against my VIN - no maps. So my maps are nearly 2 and a half years old which is pathetic.

I have also fired off a complaint to Customer Service and also stated not to fob me off with the standard "there will be an update soon" line.

My concern is that there may be a hardware / conflict issue with mapping software on the Wave 2 units which are fitted to the C3 AIrcross and they may have pulled the plug on the updates for these vehicles as a result. That would indicate why the servers themselves are not listing any.

So those that have manually updated to the 14.0.0.r0 version may have issues at some point - I can't say for sure as nobody seems to know, but it would make sense why PSA pulled the updates. Obviously it is something that the latest firmware is unable to resolve either.

I will let you know what sort of response I get back from Citroen.
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Update: Decided to take the plunge and install Map versions 18.0.0.r0 from Tom Tom directly, all gone on swimmingly and back in the 21st Century again. There should be a V19 out soon.
peter m

Post by peter m »

ChiliPepper wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:34 am Update: Decided to take the plunge and install Map versions 18.0.0.r0 from Tom Tom directly, all gone on swimmingly and back in the 21st Century again. There should be a V19 out soon.
How did you do that ?,thought you can only do it via citroen.
C5 aircross 1.2 c series EAT8 grey with black wheels.
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

If you go to the TomTom website the Peugeot in car navigation section you can add your Vin and check if you need a map update. Obviously this is for Peugeot but strangely the map updates appear similar number wise to Citroens 18.0.0.Ro 20.0.0Ro etc.
Are they the ok for Citroen ? Seems they download direct from TomTom whereas we do it through Citroen app.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
peter m

Post by peter m »

Airtool ,thanks will take look.
C5 aircross 1.2 c series EAT8 grey with black wheels.