Map and Touch Screen Updates

The place to discuss everything else..
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

I have now had a limited good result!

Please keep in mind that the engine and ignition MUST be on the whole time for this upgrade. It is NOT very green and I do not know how much fuel is wasted by doing this.

1. I changed the memory stick I used to a Sony 16GB

2. ONLY [/b ]the System upgrade, 21.08.84.12_NAC-r0, was was loaded and copied.

3. Installation took more than 30 minutes. (Not a good idea when it is cold as there are limited working controls!)

4. The system restarts shortly after it begins and the upgrade and the display goes dark for what seems a long time. DO NOT turn off ignition or remove the stick!

5. The progress monitor is very slow and I recommend, if possible, using a stick with a activity LED to reassure yourself that something is happening.

6. The system will restart and the screen will go blank when you remove the memory stick at the end of the upgrade.

7. This was 'only' a 2GB upgrade and the Map update appears to be around 9GB - I wonder how long you have to keep the engine running for this to take place?

8. I am going to try the map upgrade on its own using the same memory stick and I will post the results

20201122_175809.jpg

C3 Aircross 110BHP Petrol Manual

peter m

Post by peter m »

I've recently downloaded latest updates. Used a 16gb usb3 and downloaded screen software update first and installed in car ,reformatted usb stick and then downloaded maps update ,had no issues or problems.
These are the updates.
21.08.84.12_NAC-r0
16.0.0-r0
C5 aircross 1.2 c series EAT8 grey with black wheels.
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

It could well have been the version of memory stick that I previously used.
As a precaution I only downloaded the System upgrade to save time if there were more problems.

I am currently downloading the V16 map file but the server is quite slow and it will take about 3 hours to complete - I don't want to do this too many times!

Do you know if the car can use USB 3 at full speed? I am only using a USB 2 stick and it would speed things up quite a bit if USB 3 were allowed.
peter m

Post by peter m »

The map update download took about 45 mins in car and that was with an usb3 stick
C5 aircross 1.2 c series EAT8 grey with black wheels.
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

And are you still able to use the other panel functions while the map is download? i.e. can you still drive? It seems a great waste to run the engine for 45 mins whenever there is an upgrade!
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

I’m having another go, but downloading just touch screen software first.
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

Good idea and hopefully that will narrow it down between the memory stick or the map update.
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Touchscreen update downloaded and transferred to original stick without issue. Currently transferring to vehicle. Everything crossed :D
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

the2ems wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:12 pm Touchscreen update downloaded and transferred to original stick without issue. Currently transferring to vehicle. Everything crossed :D
Done, no problems. Now downloading new maps. But I’m not going back outside tonight. It’s too chilly.
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

OK I think I found at least one of my mistakes. I originally used a 64GB stick and the manual has a different procedure for this size of stick.
This is to do with the partition size limit in FAT32.
So as long as you use a stick that is less than 64GB is should be OK.

i.e. I did not RTFM properly!

FAT Size.GIF

I will have another attempt in the morning and give an update.