Map and Touch Screen Updates

The place to discuss everything else..
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey

Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

For some reason Citroen are on a go slow - these updates are available for Peugeot and DS Automobiles and are essentially the same maps. Damned if I'm waiting until forever with half the roads missing here on the last official update...
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Since purchasing car a few weeks I still cannot connect to android auto, it could be the two phones I tried, it could be a update issue, cables tried loads ?.
I have just about tried everything that people suggest but phone usb connection just reverts to charge only when connected, with covid issues haven't used car much so will try another phone when I am allowed within 6ft of someone.
Keep safe all.
Deleted User 830

peter m wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:16 pm
ChiliPepper wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:34 am Update: Decided to take the plunge and install Map versions 18.0.0.r0 from Tom Tom directly, all gone on swimmingly and back in the 21st Century again. There should be a V19 out soon.
How did you do that ?,thought you can only do it via citroen.
It's 10.5 Gb in size. If you want the link let me know via Private Message.
Deleted User 830

Airtool wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:50 pm Since purchasing car a few weeks I still cannot connect to android auto, it could be the two phones I tried, it could be a update issue, cables tried loads ?.
I have just about tried everything that people suggest but phone usb connection just reverts to charge only when connected, with covid issues haven't used car much so will try another phone when I am allowed within 6ft of someone.
Keep safe all.
Obviously I'm not sure what suggestions you have tried, but often phone system updates come out more frequently than In Car Firmware does, so:

1) Get the latest System Update for your Phone and also for your vehicle's Head Unit.
2) Unpair all Telephones from both the Phone and the Car Head Unit. And when I say unpair them, I mean delete them, so it also deletes the cache too. Then try connecting up again
3) Use a decent cable, some cheap Chinese ones are notoriously poor, but it may be an internal wire that has broken.
4) Reboot your Phone as this can sometimes clear any glitches.
Deleted User 830

I had an unpleasant conversation with a 10 year old Citroen Head Office customer service 'representative' this week after I put in an online complaint form regarding lack of Citroen maps for the Wave 2 systems. He was pretty condescending and patronising and kept interrupting and talking over me, but I soon put him in his place. I'll probably be writing off formally to complain about his attitude.

His pathetic response was that Citroen deem the current map version to be "acceptable"! I told him that it is not acceptable and that the last version available for Wave 2 systems from Citroen are approaching 3 years old and does he think that is acceptable for a new car? I went on to tell him that there are roads that are not even on the current official map that have been built since the mid-2018 map version (which is probably older than that in reality).

Further, I told him if Peugeot and DS can update their maps and that TomTom are making these available there is no excuse. The owner's manual also specifically recommends updating the maps because of the speed limits also used by the navigation system:

P134 & 135 of the 2019 owners manual specifically states:
The system also processes speed limit details from the navigation system mapping.
! It is necessary to update your navigation mapping regularly in order to receive accurate information on speed limits from the system.
The obnoxious little twerp wasn't having any of it so I put the phone down after telling him I will be complaining about his conduct.

When I get the follow-up survey I'll ensure they know about it. :x
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Sad that a employee should have to even try and defend a poor update system (compared to other manufactures) let alone support the delaying of Citroen owners updates.
He should have held his hand up and admit problems and pass the issues to the relevant party.