C5 AirCross Hybrid - Stop/Start

The place to discuss everything else..
baconroll

Post by baconroll »

Hi everyone,

New to the forum but been following for a few weeks with interest about the charging range of the C5 AirCross Hybrid which I purchased recently on a 21 plate. My question is about Stop/Start. In my owners manual it mentions Stop/Start and also on the Citroen website but I don't think my car has it. My C3 AirCross did although it never worked most of the time. Does anyone else have stop/start function on their C5 AirCross hybrid? Thanks in advance.
C5 Aircross Flair, Cumulus Grey, PHEV

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Yes you should have Stop & Start - but it will only work based on multiple criteria being in effect. The most common being the main vehicle battery health (it must be in the region of 80% charged or above for Stop Start to operate), as well as depending on the electrical equipment in use in the car, outside temperature, driving conditions etc.

You should also check via your touchscreen under vehicle options to see if you have the setting to temporarily disable it. If you have a setting for Stop Start with an option to disable then that will also confirm it.
baconroll

Post by baconroll »

Thanks Juan for your reply. I guess in this case then I don't have it and I have checked via the touchscreen under vehicle options and there is no setting unlike there was in my C3 AirCross. Also no manual button anywhere either. Perhaps not all of the models come with it then.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Most of the 2021 and 2022 vehicles say they do, designated by the S&S in the engine description.
Here's a few examples:

2022 Hybrid:

C5AC 2022.PNG

2021 Non- Hybrid (All engines)

CAC 2021 Non Hybrid.PNG

In the manual the button may be located here:

c5ac ss but b.PNG

baconroll

Post by baconroll »

Thanks again Juan. Unfortunately I only have the button for pre-conditioning and not the stop start option. I guess mine is not the SS model after all. Appreciate your responses.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Ok, no problemo.
DanM

Post by DanM »

Hi, new to the forum. I’m having same problem with stop/start with regards that it doesn’t always work. What battery charger would people recommend.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

A 'Smart' battery charger only! Make sure it supports EFB and AGM batteries.
DanM

Post by DanM »

Juan Sheet wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am A 'Smart' battery charger only! Make sure it supports EFB and AGM batteries.
Thanks Juan!