C5 aircross phev

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Indeed, I'm still fuming that they removed the glovebox lights and the rear passenger cupholders from the centre armrest of the C3 Aircross. I mean the cost in providing the extra design and the fabric to cover up the gap intended for the twin cup holder module probably cost as much as the lump of plastic they removed. I'm in two minds whether to order the module and fit it in myself....

cpbrox

Post by cpbrox »

My new (2021) C5 Aircoss shine plus Phev finally arrived this month after a years wait, only to find the wireless charging and motorised tailgate options have been deleted/omitted. No satisfactory answers from Citroen.
Would be interested to find out if this is now normal practise, funny how the price stays the same.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I've had this conversation a few times and all I can say, is don't relay on the brochure as this is subject to change without notice. You need to double check what you have ordered at the point of order, ensure that any option or option pack you wanted is specified and written down at the point of order. Without that you don't have a leg to stand on.

They do make changes to the specifications throughout the build cycles and given that you have been waiting for some time, you may find that the model / trim level has changed since you ordered your vehicle.

There is a global shortage of chips and this is leading to some manufacturers removing options from vehicles in order to service demand and lessen delays. They normally inform you first if there is a change and give you the option to wait or do without certain equipment.

For example Audi were removing digital dashboards and swapping back to analogue versions to prevent delays.
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

You are correct that originally there was a dash mounted button, bottom right groups of controls which you pressed twice to open the tailgate from inside the car. This stopped being fitted about December 21, Jianuary22
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
chapi72

Post by chapi72 »

I had to specify the electric tailgate on the new car (PHEV) I had on order.
----
Current : MY20 C5 Aircross Flair Plus, Black
Cancelled : MY22 C5 Aircross, Hybrid, Eclipse Blue, City Park, Dark Chrome Pack :cry:
Previous: MY16 C4 Grand Picasso Feel
Previous: MY14 C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive +
srperry

Post by srperry »

JohnM52 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:58 am You are correct that originally there was a dash mounted button, bottom right groups of controls which you pressed twice to open the tailgate from inside the car. This stopped being fitted about December 21, Jianuary22
My car is September 2021 manufacture, with electric tailgate, but it has no dashboard button.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

cpbrox wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:22 am My new (2021) C5 Aircoss shine plus Phev finally arrived this month after a years wait, only to find the wireless charging and motorised tailgate options have been deleted/omitted. No satisfactory answers from Citroen.
Would be interested to find out if this is now normal practise, funny how the price stays the same.
I decided to cancel the order for fully loaded c5 aircross hybrid but i decided to buy a 21 plate ds7 E Tense- didn't have all the option i had put on the order, but at least it was on the ground and i knew what i was buying.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.