C5 aircross phev

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Andyk

Post by Andyk »

Hi guys. I have just picked up my new C5 phev. Handbook says there is a button on the dash to open the electric tailgate. I'm struggling to find it. Can anyone point me to it please? Thanks.

srperry

Post by srperry »

My car doesn't have a button on the dash to open the tailgate. It does have the 'wave your foot' control, which I don't use. I use the button on the fob or the one above the rear number plate.

I don't know if it's an option; Citroen probably omitted it as part of their cost-cutting measures...
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Andyk

Post by Andyk »

Thanks
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Andyk wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:04 am Hi guys. I have just picked up my new C5 phev. Handbook says there is a button on the dash to open the electric tailgate. I'm struggling to find it. Can anyone point me to it please? Thanks.
I think you are mis-reading the manual. There are only 3 ways to operate the motorised tailgate:

1) Using the Keyless Entry and Start system’s electronic key - the fob in other words.
2) Using the exterior tailgate control - so pressing the button on the outside and under the rear edge of the tailgate itself (as long as you have the hands free fob in proximity).
3) If you have the option as mentioned above, use your foot under the sensor to open it.

There is no button on the dashboard for this function. The manual only shows the button on the exterior of the tailgate (for opening) and the button on the inside of the tailgate which is used to close it electronically - and I think it is this part that is confusing you when it says "Using the interior tailgate control". Interior to the tailgate in other words.....
srperry

Post by srperry »

Hi Juan Sheet,

I'm not sure you're right on this - From Page 5 of the C5 Aircross 2020 Driver's Handbook:

Manual Snip.png

Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

The 2022 on line handbook makes no mention of a dash mounted switch to open boot.

Screenshot_20220626-120947~2.png

Screenshot_20220626-120845~2.png

Screenshot_20220626-121005~2.png

2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Andyk

Post by Andyk »

Screenshot_20220627_074018_com.psa.mym.mycitroen.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys... Screenshot frim my on line handbook states there should be a button. I'm waiting for a reply from my dealer.
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

FWIW,
On our previous C5 Aircross ( 2020 Feel Plus) there WAS indeed a button on the dash with a x2 icon to open the rear tailgate. ( as well as the fob and hands free functions)
As far as I am aware though, this was discontinued in late 2020 and is now as Juan says, fob or tailgate operation only.

Citroen are well known for 'dumbing down' the specs after they release the original cars as new models.
I recall ours was fully loaded with everything except leather upholstery and grip control, almost everything we had on that is now either n/a or charged as extra, and is no longer standard.
Common practice for Citroen , I am afraid.

I can guarantee your dealer will say its no longer applicable, but was to earlier models!

Welcome to the world of Citroen !
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Hi Sperry

As the OP said he has only just picked it up, I'm assuming it is therefore a brand new 2022 model and therefore not the same as previous models as Beanee has just mentioned above.

The relevant page you provided a picture for from the older manual now omits this too as you can see:

C Aircross Tailgate.PNG

srperry

Post by srperry »

Hi Juan Sheet,

Thanks for the update. As I said, it looks like Citroen have dropped the dash button as a cost-cut measure.