Scratches

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
dbizal

Post by dbizal »

Hey all...

So being a new driver I really thought it would be me bashing up my car, however after leaving it in a car park in Brighton someone has obviously scraped up against it and just driven off...

The scratches are about an inch or so long, I've tried the water over the top to see if they disappear however they do not... so assuming the worst - see pictures below:

Any advice on what I should do next? Should I wash and T-cut it to see if they aren't as deep as I think they are, or should I take it in for repair?

Thank you in advance for any help :)

Danny.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

If it's the clear coat, you can use something like scratch repair paste, that polishes it out. I bought some 'Mantis' paste some years ago and keep a few tubes for minor scuffs - it works on clear plastics too.

If it's deep, then you may need something like a scratch cover pen that fills it with a lacquer like liquid that you can polish over when it's set.

It's a pain in the rear when this happens. Somebody did the same to me in a supermarket, but actually reversed out along the front and rear doors and the alloy. Had to have it done on the insurance in the end as it needed painting and a new wheel and trim. We no longer park in these tight car park spaces - opting to park else where with more room and wheel the shopping there!
dbizal

Post by dbizal »

Juan Sheet wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:11 pm If it's the clear coat, you can use something like scratch repair paste, that polishes it out. I bought some 'Mantis' paste some years ago and keep a few tubes for minor scuffs - it works on clear plastics too.

If it's deep, then you may need something like a scratch cover pen that fills it with a lacquer like liquid that you can polish over when it's set.

It's a pain in the rear when this happens. Somebody did the same to me in a supermarket, but actually reversed out along the front and rear doors and the alloy. Had to have it done on the insurance in the end as it needed painting and a new wheel and trim. We no longer park in these tight car park spaces - opting to park else where with more room and wheel the shopping there!
Thank you for your reply.

I'm going to see if I can get it off tomorrow with a wash and some t-cut. If that doesn't work I'll look in to that 'Mantis' paste you recommended, if not I will just go to a garage and see how much it will cost to repair.

Funny enough this car park is a very open one, Maybe I should try and park next to non-moving objects in future away from any idiots haha.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

There are on-line companies who can do this , like Chips Away. I've never used them but several people down our road have. May be worth a google search.
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Personally i use chips away they do a fantastic job, stay away from that "Mantis" it's crap, looked at reviews on you tube and all it does is leave swirl marks, have a look for yourself. Chips away are reasonably priced depending on the work needed, what impressed me was the time he spent in his van matching the colour of the paintwork and when he had finished anyone else wouldn't have known where the repair was.
2022 Citroën C3 Aircross SUV
Shine Plus • PureTech 130 S&S Automatic in Khaki Grey.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I've used it and it's perfectly good - you must ensure you shake it up properly first and don't rub too hard. It's saved many friends from costly repairs and is almost invisible if done correctly. Chips away may well do a better job, but of course it will cost you a lot more - so all depends on budget and desired result.
Miked

Post by Miked »

Halfords don't have it, but you can buy ORANGE T-Cut online. My C3 Aircross was keyed, but my valeter is slowly blending the marks away. Second pic as keyed. First is after about 5 sessions.

2022-05-31-b.jpg

2022 04 12_104839 (3).jpg

the2ems

Post by the2ems »

If you can afford a regular valeter, surely you can afford a proper repair :lol:
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
Miked

Post by Miked »

4 panels @ £200 each is a hell of a lot more than a bottle of t-cut and a regular valet :ugeek:
dbizal

Post by dbizal »

Miked wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:01 pm Halfords don't have it, but you can buy ORANGE T-Cut online. My C3 Aircross was keyed, but my valeter is slowly blending the marks away. Second pic as keyed. First is after about 5 sessions.
Oh, we are twins! haha.

I might try that orange t-cut then and see what I can do. The sales person I bought the car from actually is down my road quite often )relatives live a few doors down from me) and swung by to look at the damage - he said it wasn't too bad to start worrying about rust etc so I guess that's a good thing. I do have the touch up paint also but I don't trust myself to do it without messing it up and making it look worse than it does.

I would go livid if someone keyed my car like that though... madness.