Air Con Default Setting

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
ASwietochowski

Post by ASwietochowski »

Hello

I have an issue with my April 22 Aircross Shine + When I start the engine the air con is set to off and temp to 21˚. I reset it to aircon on and 18˚ and all is good until I get back into the car and restart the engine and the aircon is off and temp at 21˚. My dealer has confirmed that their showroom model exhibits exactly the same behaviour and other customers have complained of this issue. I have spoken to Citroën UK customer care who advised me that they would open a case and get a resolution. Having had promised call backs missed and a very poor experience with the customer care team I find myself very angry. I've spoken with the service team at the dealerwho advise that they will do some investigation with Citroën and get back to me. Due to the shocking performance of the customer care team this has now got me very cross and turned an inconvenience into an issue that I want resolved. Has anyone else experienced this problem and does anyone have a contact for customer care so I can escalate my complaint of the rude agent that dealt with me.

Thanks

Andy

Post by 19766809 »

Hi
I've had exactly the same issues, my car has gone into robins and day 3 times.

It's currently in, Robins and Day are currently waiting on parts
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I suspect it will require a firmware update to the Head Unit - and if this is the case, then it can take some time for them to write, test and release it as an update. So there's probably little that can be done until then.
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

ASwietochowski wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:37 am Hello

I have an issue with my April 22 Aircross Shine + When I start the engine the air con is set to off and temp to 21˚. I reset it to aircon on and 18˚ and all is good until I get back into the car and restart the engine and the aircon is off and temp at 21˚. My dealer has confirmed that their showroom model exhibits exactly the same behaviour and other customers have complained of this issue. I have spoken to Citroën UK customer care who advised me that they would open a case and get a resolution. Having had promised call backs missed and a very poor experience with the customer care team I find myself very angry. I've spoken with the service team at the dealerwho advise that they will do some investigation with Citroën and get back to me. Due to the shocking performance of the customer care team this has now got me very cross and turned an inconvenience into an issue that I want resolved. Has anyone else experienced this problem and does anyone have a contact for customer care so I can escalate my complaint of the rude agent that dealt with me.

Thanks

Andy
Do you just have the air on turned on, or is it set to auto. I’ve no idea if that will make a difference, but with auto selected, mine remembers the settings.
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

My C3 is the same, but it appears that it is 2022 cars that are affected. It may be a new initiative to save fuel by aircon not being on automatically at start-up. Oddly, my daughter's Captur is the other way round. If you switch off and start the engine again, the aircon always switches on, whether or not it was previously on.
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

It is a major issue, mine is the same an what i find totally amazing is that Citroen can't solve the issue. our saleslady where we got ours from has he exact same model as ours and she has the same problem. She did say she would try and find out but came back saying they a trying to resolve it, but she did say to leave it for a minute and then it regulates itself, so tried it and indeed it does.
2022 Citroën C3 Aircross SUV
Shine Plus • PureTech 130 S&S Automatic in Khaki Grey.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Luckily my 2020 C3 Aircross Flair automatic doesn't do this. When ignition switched on and the touchscreen boots up, the Aircon is as it was at last switch off.
It is possible that the BSI on later cars completely shuts down on ignition off and thus when repowered all the outputs are floating.
Have just check Mycitroen App and there is no update for my car screen at this time.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I can almost guarantee this will likely be a software issue.

The BSI won't have anything to do with being downgraded or leaving settings 'in the air' as these settings are maintained by the Air Conditioning ECU. The BSI is he controlling brains in the vehicle and is responsible for talking to all the other ECUs on the CAN networks.

The recommendation anyway is to have the A/C left on Automatic - for the very reason that non-operation can lead to seal failures, leading to leaks, so it is always recommended to be left on or operated at least monthly to prevent damage.

I suspect it will need a software update to one of the ECUs to iron out this glitch. Having just drive several brand new C4s I can tell you the settings do not default to A/C off. Settings should be retained. :geek:
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

But don't you agree that Citroen should be able to advise us that are having this problem on how to rectify it. As I said in my thread last night its disgusting that they don't know how to rectify this, if it is indeed an upgrade problem then they should be advising on how to put it right.
2022 Citroën C3 Aircross SUV
Shine Plus • PureTech 130 S&S Automatic in Khaki Grey.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

In an ideal world yes - but that is not practical. This is why I say that:

The issues described above seem to relate to the new facelift model. The later model has different equipment in some areas including new Head unit and touchscreen hardware. This later version has more integration with the heating system as you can raise and lower the temperature via voice commands. So what I am saying is that these are untested units in real world conditions - as in you the customer.

This is how they build up a library of technical faults - Reports are collated from customer feedback and issues detected via the dealerships when customers bring them back for these sorts of issues as is happening with the OPs vehicle. Citroen will build up such incidents from all over the world and use this to find what the fault is before they can tell you.....

Frustrating as it may be, this is life. Nobody can make a new vehicle 100% error or fault free and that goes for all of them. All we can do is report it to the network so they can build up a history while they work on a solution. So Dealers can't just tell you what the issue is until they know.

Ultimately a list of Technical Service Bulletins are created over time so the dealers can quickly check through these to see if a customer's complaints are listed against any known issues. I have already checked the New C3 AIrcross and can confirm that there are very few TSBs at present over and above those from the original pre-facelift vehicle, but should this issue be more prevalent, then they may well create one with a proposed solution.