8th gear

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Morepower

Post by Morepower »

Hi all
Just bought a 2019 C5 Aircross and not been very far in her yet however I have noticed that 8th gear hasn’t engaged yet, I’ve only been local and fastest is 50 mph so I’m wondering if this is correct, I’ve tried manual as well but no joy, is there a minimum speed before it will go into 8th or do I have a problem?

Cheers

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

The system determines the best gear for the speed you are doing AND the conditions of the road: uphill, downhill, braking, trajectory and other factors, but will select the best speed for fuel economy and driving conditions. So don't expect 8th gear until you are at an appropriate cruising speed, or it becomes counter-productive.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

I had a Peugeot 308 Auto as a loan car. I found that on the motorway it wouldn't change up into 8th until nearly 70mph.
srperry

Post by srperry »

My C5 Aircross changes to 8th very frequently, usually on the overurun on the flat or going downhill. If the throttle is used aggressively then it is unlikely to change up to 8th much at all.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Morepower

Post by Morepower »

Found it 👍🏻 It changes into 8th gear about 58 mph, as I’ve only been on local roads since purchasing I haven’t gone much above 50 mph til today.

Thank you for all your comments and help
Berapotter

Post by Berapotter »

Don't know if this helps as I don't have automatic box on Citroen BUT (and its a big but) on my MB you can make it drop into a higher gear by flicking the + on the paddles. normally it won't do 7th gear until 50mph but you can make it change up into 7th as low as 45mph (it also works for all the other gears). I assume that the manual up/down is still available in the drive position?
Just a thought!
C4 Cactus flair 145 (stage 1) s/s, C3 Aircross flair 130 s/s, SLK350, Benelli leoncino 500
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Berapotter wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:47 am Don't know if this helps as I don't have automatic box on Citroen BUT (and its a big but) on my MB you can make it drop into a higher gear by flicking the + on the paddles. normally it won't do 7th gear until 50mph but you can make it change up into 7th as low as 45mph (it also works for all the other gears). I assume that the manual up/down is still available in the drive position?
Just a thought!
As far as I am aware all Citroen autos have a manual function to allow you to change up (r down) early. This may be on the gear selector, or paddles. It will not over-ride the lowset speed the box will maintain in any gear.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Correct, my C3 Aircross auto has a M position on the gear stick. Move sideways from A to M then pull back for higher gear, push fwd for lower. Sequential operation.
Often do this to get 6th on mine. You have to remember though to go back to A as you slow down. In M the box down shifts and if you halt it will select in my case usually 2nd. BUT when you pull away it will not upshift and it's easy to red line the engine.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars