That's hot.

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Left my car parked in carpark this afternoon for 2½ hrs. On return screen showed the following. Must admit I did put the Aircon on.

IMG_20220615_160844776.jpg

2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Time to get one of those cheap £6 Chinese silver windscreen shades. I've bought 2 and they do a good job of keeping the interior much cooler. Simple sucker to fix ontot he windscreen with a cut away to help support the centre window console. Not a perfect fit - but good enough.

There's just too much electrical kit to let it bake in these temperatures.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

You know that's the outside tempreture right? It's high because the front of the car with the sensor is sitting in the sun and getting hot. When you start moving the air blowing around it cools it down.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Jay, to avoid confusion...

1) The outside temperature sensor is located in the wing mirror. This provides the outside temperature that is displayed on the multifunction screen and is used for the A/C and other systems.

ext sensor.PNG

2) The sensor located in the top windscreen near the camera is used solely for the rain sensing wipers and for the automatic lights activation - it has no other purpose.

3) The sunlight strength and ray intensity is determined by a small round sunlight sensor on the dashboard in the middle towards the lower part of the windscreen. it is a photodiode and looks like a small round lump of plastic. It's job is to determine the intensity of the suns rays as they hit the sensor. From this the automatic air conditioning system can change the climate control settings including airflow direction to help counter the increased sun intensity hitting the front screen. It is often why you can hear the airflow direction change in the cabin when for example you go from a shady spot to strong sunlight, as in overhead trees or a tunnel and vice versa.

The above example is for vehicles the automatic Air Conditioning system.
Last edited by Juan Sheet on Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

When i.moved off the temp.went up to 34C.
Here in UK these are non ordinary temperatures.
I lived in both Kuwait and Saudi Arabia where summer temps were often above 45C. Highest I experienced was 50C in Kuwait.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Berapotter

Post by Berapotter »

My C4 is black so imagine what that reads on a sunny day!
C4 Cactus flair 145 (stage 1) s/s, C3 Aircross flair 130 s/s, SLK350, Benelli leoncino 500
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Berapotter wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:54 am My C4 is black so imagine what that reads on a sunny day!
The temerature is the outside temperature as the sensor is a little dome on the bottom of the driver's side mirror. The colour of the car should make no difference.