Extended warranty

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
peter m

Post by peter m »

Hi
My citroen c5 3 year warranty comes to an end next month ,just had 12 month citroen renewal warranty with rac full breakdown cover and mot failure cover for £339 ,has anyone taken this and have anyone claimed on it.
Thanks
Pete
C5 aircross 1.2 c series EAT8 grey with black wheels.

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I was offered and took Citroen Extended Warranty on my previous cars and can personally say how good the warranty is. I must of had about £5000 worth of warranty work done on various issues on one vehicle. I intend to take out an extended warranty too when my manufacturer warranty expires this coming December. I never had one claim refused.
peter m

Post by peter m »

Thanks Juan it's probably best that I take out the extended warranty.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I was offered to renew it each year after, which I did and was the most sensible thing I did, but I did have a complex vehicle.

With modern HDi diesel engines with SCR systems that care notoriously prone to faults and Adblue tanks needing replacing at over £1000 a time, and the DeNOx system sensor fails, bills can soon add up and the time these are likely is after the 3 year period.

As far as your petrol EB2* engine goes, they have their own problems with timing belt issues (belt in oil system) that can lead to break up of belt material - the debris blocking the oil strainer and leading to low oil pressure and ultimate worst case scenario of engine failure. Then there are the plugs and accessory belts that need regular checking and replacement.

So if you are one of those that intend to hang on to their ICE vehicles for as long as we can before being forced into electric it may be the sensible option.
peter m

Post by peter m »

As cars get more complex then there's more chance of parts falling which are expensive to replace, repair so I will take your advice and take the extended warranty with the breakdown cover.