Tom Tom traffic on sat nav

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

When I first got my C3 Aircross Flair automatic with Sat Nav the legend Tom Tom traffic used to appear in lower right of touch screen when Nav selected
Since January this year it has not appeared. I've checked the settings but there is no mention of it in the lists.
I logged in and checked on the Citroen web page and it says that traffic is active from 2 March 2020 till 1 March 2023 as it was included with the car.
Anyone else lost this on theirs or managed to get it back
Thanks for any info.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I don't think you have lost any services, it is probably that they have just removed the Tom Tom logo from the last update you installed. However, what you do need to remember to do after each firmware / map update is to go into your navigation settings and make sure all your preferred options are still set as you had them.

I noticed on a couple of occasions including after the last map update that some of my live features such as fuel pump prices and car park spaces remaining were not activated in the map options menu. I now make sure I go through everything after each update to make sure it is as I want it.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Cheers I'll recheck them.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Well that's a mystery. I went to car today
Put sat nav on and after 5 minutes Tom Tom traffic appeared on the screen.
All did was log on the web page.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Ok, so I can confirm that the Tom Tom icon hasn't been removed in an update,

It's an indication that the system is connected to the live services. For this to happen, your vehicle needs to be in an area with good data coverage otherwise the embedded SIM card won't be able to send and receive data. When the Tom Tom Traffic icon is displayed at the bottom right of the display, it means the service is both 'active' and 'available'. So obviously this may turn on and off depending on where you are and what the data coverage is like.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

It's been working now since I mentioned it. When first getting the car out if the garage and Nav on it is blank after 5 mins Tom Tom traffic appears and it works.
The other thing I did was close Mycitroen App and change the password which is the same as for the Citroen website.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Well.i had to go to Reading yesterday and thankfully the Tom Tom traffic worked a treat and was accurate.
Shaundaprawn

Post by Shaundaprawn »

My Tom Tom feature was displayed but not anymore any ideas??
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

How old is the car the service is free for 3 years. After that you gave to pay an annual subscription.
If you use mycitroen app it will tell.yiunif active.
C-3PO

Post by C-3PO »

Bought our Aircross end of November 2022 Tom Tom has been very intermittent possibly only working 30% of the time...

was like this before map update and the same now...

called my dealer and service said there always going off....
C3 Aircross shine plus 22 white black roof 130 eat...