C3 Aircross LED Bulbs

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

Other than the head lights - has anyone tried fitting LED bulbs to the side and interior lights?

If so, were there any problems?

Cheers

John
C3 Aircross 110BHP Petrol Manual

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Apart from the legality of it, there will likely be issues with the electrical system causing flashes and odd behaviour as LEDs typically don't pull the load that a normal incandescent or halogen bulb does, without load resistors.

LED bulbs for halogen headlamps are a big no as they are not road legal. OSRAM managed to get some LED bulbs for halogen lamps on some models approved in Germany, but as each vehicle has to be certificated it is a slow process and there are not many that have been approved as yet. You also have to carry the certification with you in the car. However they are still not approved in the UK as yet.
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

I agree with all of the above and I am only interested in the interior lights that may not be monitored?

Cheers

John
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

I have DRLs and have left them as standard.
I fitted LEDs to the interior lights, the two courtesy lights and the two map lights. The boot light, the high level brake lights and the number plate lights. The rear light clusters are standard.
My headlights are as supplied non LED.
I do wish though that those who change their headlights for brighter bulbs or LEDs would make sure that they are properly aligned as many are not.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

Brilliant - that is exactly the kind of information that I was after!

I TOTALLY and 100% agree you about bright head lights which I really believe cause a danger to other drivers.

Thanks again for the information.

Cheers

John
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Welcome.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

In that case, I'd still add that some types of LEDs may still cause you problems even with internal lighting - I've known several Peugeot owners with later cars that fitted LED bulbs for internal lighting that failed after a while and replacing the bulbs back with filament types didn't work - so I'm just mentioning it. IF you are going this route, make sure you get good quality LEDS.