Upgrading from C3 Aircross to C5 Aircross Questions

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

Not been here for a long time but re-found the forums after searching for answers.

So in late 2018 I purchased on PCP a new C3 Aircross 1.2 Puretech 110 Flair in grey with an orange roof. Brilliant car and we have extras like:
panoramic sunroof
orange roof
Head Up Display <-- Im really going to miss this!
HiFi system
Spare wheel
wireless phone charging pad
Citroen Connect SatNav
front and rear sensors and rear parking camera
Active safety brake, parking assist, lane assist, etc

But circumstances have changed and I need a bigger car so have been offered a used 2019 C5 1.2 Puretech 130 Flair Plus with only 11K miles on it

I looked at the Citroen Spotidog used car thing and it told me my old C3 was worth around £11,700 as trade in with 42K miles on it

My question is, when I speak to the dealer Im trading in the C3 for the C5 from again, could I argue that the Spotidog thing doesnt take into account for all the extras I have on the C3 so the valuation is too low"

Trouble is I cant see back to how much all of those extras were worth and whether they were indeed extras then or whether they came standard with the top spec.

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Some of the items are standard and others are not. These are the prices I can get, but the option packs and prices changed several times in and over the years.

The Techno Pack included Heads Up Display, Colour Matrix Display (instrument Cluster), Wireless Charging, HiFi Equaliser Amp & Subwoofer. £650 in July 2020.
The Panoramic Roof was optional £950 in 2017, £1030 in July 2020.
Park Assist Pack (Front parking sensors, Blind spot monitoring system, Park assist self parking system, Top Rear Vision), £600 in 2017 (£450 in 2020)

As for the value, you need to make sure they are factoring in the option pack costs. Compare the price against the same model and trim level with similar mileage and see how that compares. Bookmark examples of these so you can show the sales guy.

Options do make a difference to buyers - many do filter out all those that do not have specific options wanted. I've done this may times - I know exactly what I want and ignore anything else - so search the engine: Petrol non-turbo, 110 and 130 turbo, or diesel and 1.6 or 1.5 and then the power, then the trim level (Feel, Flair for example), as these will have standard trim equipment when comparing like for like. Then try and get as close to the same year as specs change, then finally option packs.
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

Thanks. I went back for a second test drive of the C5 Aircross and spotted a few things like a feint key mark down the side, a scuff on the plastic trim and I couldnt get the lane departure warning to work so theyre looking at all of those for me, then we discussed what I expressed as the undervaluing of my C3 Aircross - also helped by looking at what their second hand forecourt models were advertised at - and that I'd got over £2.5K of extras on it that werent covered by the website valuation
He tried to convince me about "yes but the equity you have left on the car..." but I was firm with my cars valued at £11,700 + £2,500, and eventually he worked it out again so I've now agreed to buy it on a £22 lower monthly cost than Im currently paying for my C£ and the new car is a year newer and bigger. Sure I could probably have got more for it private or better rates from a bank loan, but Im very satisfied with the outcome
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

A t the end of the day that's what matters.
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Hi Adrianc, We have just upgraded 5 weeks ago from c3 1.2 puretech auto bought new in 68 to a brand new c3 aircross shine plus 1.2 puretech auto.

resised old car.jpg

Our C3 had only 14200 on clock and we got £11500 on another pcp, we thought it was a good deal so we jumped at it. We went back to Citroen Sheffield today for a door adjustment and noticed the C3 was there with a price tag of £14200, a good buy for someone.
2022 Citroën C3 Aircross SUV
Shine Plus • PureTech 130 S&S Automatic in Khaki Grey.