Citroen App

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
gerbil40

Post by gerbil40 »

Anybody else using My Citroen App noticed it not recording Average Consumption after last app update ?
Citroen C3 Aircross Flair 2020 ( Manual ) 110ps Platinum Grey/ Black roof

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

It's useless to be honest, full of bugs. They fix one thing then break another in each 'update', so an endless cycle. I just use the vehicles trip computers and the Navigation for anything I need and deleted the App a year ago.
mike1940

Post by mike1940 »

Yes it is rather unhelpful not to have the correct information. I responded to the app questioning how was i with the app.
A few days later a response to my inbox email explaining they have had a number of challenges and work was in hand to in effect rewrite the app.
Today (Thursday 8th) a call from the Morocco app design team who confirmed a radical update is expected in the coming weeks.
Be patient guys as this is free anyway!
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Thanks for update
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

I just had an email from the "help" team to say that revision 1.35 will be released ASAP and "it will fix the issues of the app"

This was after they told me to uninstall and install the existing app a couple of hours earlier! - Citroen, isn't this embarrassing to you as a major car manufacturer ?
C3 Aircross 110BHP Petrol Manual
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

The annoying thing is the taking of an app that was working and messing up.
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
srperry

Post by srperry »

Beanee687 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:05 pm The annoying thing is the taking of an app that was working and messing up.
The developers have been breaking the app for the past 4 years! They don't test anything before they release it. I've done around 700 miles in the past week - wiltshire - Nottinghamshire - Snowdonia - Wiltshire, and only 221 miles of my journey were recorded, even though the phone and app were connected to the car. The connection has been solid, but the app doesn't read the journeys properly, and it seems to get worse with each release of the app. The only thing I can rely on the app to do is load my destination to the sat-nav.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Leodensian

Post by Leodensian »

I'm currently using Version 1.34.3 of the app but despite setting my Units as Miles etc, whilst my current mileage shows correctly (well give or take 3 miles) the fuel level show in distance to go is in kilometers. I sure wish I could travel 500+ miles on a tank. There is obviously some confusion in the app between the units as the summary of a recent journey shows 21.2 miles, but click on the details and it states13 miles, which, surprisingly is the exact conversion from km/miles!! It also leasd me to believe I can't trust the costs of journeys due to the mix up in units. I emailed "mycitroenapp@gmail.com" back on the 4th April but so far, no reply.
Is anyone else experiencing these problems, or am I doing something wrong?
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

The day after getting a reply from Citroen saying they would fix it in 1.35 the app started to "work" again. See enclosed screen shot.

My fuel tank is full with approx. 45 litres/9.9 gallons of petrol. The app says that I have 620 miles of range.
The MPG reports an average of 40.9 and, if you read press articles , 47.9 mpg is achievable so we will use this as the best mpg.

Simple arithmetic's 9.9 gallons x 47.9 mpg = 445.5 miles range - a little bit less than the reported 620 miles!
Divide 445.5 by 0.625 = 712.8 Kilometres range. So even if the reported range is in kilometres it is quite a bit out.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to supply a fix but in the meantime I will not take anything seriously that this app reports - if it stays "working"!!

My Citroen.jpg

C3 Aircross 110BHP Petrol Manual
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

srperry wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:35 pm
Beanee687 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:05 pm The annoying thing is the taking of an app that was working and messing up.
The developers have been breaking the app for the past 4 years! They don't test anything before they release it. I've done around 700 miles in the past week - wiltshire - Nottinghamshire - Snowdonia - Wiltshire, and only 221 miles of my journey were recorded, even though the phone and app were connected to the car. The connection has been solid, but the app doesn't read the journeys properly, and it seems to get worse with each release of the app. The only thing I can rely on the app to do is load my destination to the sat-nav.
How do you load a destination to the satnav via the app?
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic