My Citroen App - new problems?

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

Hi,

The My Citroen App on my mobile phone asked me to register again.
So I did register and now my mileage has dramatically increased and the map function for my location on the app does not work.
It also says that I have 3/4 tank with 600 miles range and that my map needs updating!

I checked the car mileage and the map revision and they appears to be correct, phew!
At least the voice control has not reverted to French - this time.

Is it just me or is the a "system" problem somewhere with Citroen?

Cheers

John
C3 Aircross 110BHP Petrol Manual

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

What map version are you on? The latest version is 22.0.0-r0. There were some bugs on the previous version of the My Citroen App, and the latest 1.34.2 release has supposedly fixed them - so your mileages and data may be well off as a result of the previous issues.

If you are still on an older map version, I suggest you may want to use the desktop App to download the map directly and install it via USB - especially if you don't have very good 3G coverage where you are, which may prevent the 'over the air' download from completing.
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

Thanks for the info.

My version is now 1.34.1 which I downloaded and installed yesterday and "appeared" to be the latest one available.
The car system is 21.08.87.32.

I will update the map later but having to run the engine for 20 - 30 minutes just to perform an update seems criminal with the amount of pollution and fuel cost!!!
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

My Citroen Android update now available in Play Store 1.34.2 ..

Mind, it's still fairly Cr@p ! :roll:
My odometer mileage is now correct ( was over 3k more than actual)
Fuel range showing is just silly.

I also updated mapping and touch screen.. even reducing the Europe maps to just UK on installation took over 45 mins with engine running !
Awful system of updates from Citroen to be honest, especially given it's Tom Tom based on our C4.
A stand alone Tom Tom recently updated took about 10 minutes !

Also, I am finding the new maps in Midlands are showing new roads that are still under construction ( not even built yet) and the darned thing tries to navigate us down them..
Ridiculous really. :roll:
When we follow actual /existing roads, she tries to re-direct us to roads that are not yet built !
Barmy or what !

Citroen tech... hmm... does seem somewhat 'wanting'... it sure aint right !.. But hey... that's why we love em !
Still loving our C4, despite this and other minor issues :D
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

JohnLX wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:37 am Thanks for the info.

My version is now 1.34.1 which I downloaded and installed yesterday and "appeared" to be the latest one available.
The car system is 21.08.87.32.

I will update the map later but having to run the engine for 20 - 30 minutes just to perform an update seems criminal with the amount of pollution and fuel cost!!!
The App has been updated again since then - it is now 1.34.2 for both IOS and Android.

Regarding '21.08.87.32' - that's your System software , not the map version. The system software is up to date, so that's OK, you just need to check you map. From the Navigation Menu Screen, hit the SETTINGS icon:

C3AC settings A.JPG

Then along the bottom row to the right of the touchscreen you should see a MAPPING option. Select this and it will tell you the map version - in this case in the picture it shows version 10.0.0 (which is quite old now - this is just for illustrative purposes).

C3AC settings B.JPG

JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

The Android app is now updated to 1.34.2 - I didn't expect a new update in less than 24 hours of installing the previous version.

Maps in the car is now 22.0.0-r0 and took approx. 45 minutes to install WITH the engine running. ( I do not know of any other vehicle that needs the engine running to update maps)

The good news is that I the app now shows around 2000 miles LESS than the cars Odometer.
The bad news is that it doesn't do much else other than show me a map of the Citroen dealerships in my area.

I have checked the BT connection to the car and that is fine.

So unless there is a fix between now the the next service in September I will have to quickly forget about this potentially useful but troublesome app.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I simply don't bother with it as I find it totally useless to me. I can get all my consumption and trip data from the Nav and the dual trip computers if I need, so unless one has an electric vehicle and needs the app to warm the seats or put the heating on in advance. I can't really see the point of it other than for Citroen to keep reminding you to book it for this and that.....

Regarding the App, it was probably because you were late in updating to V1.34.1, which had been out for a while before you updated, then V1.34.2 was just released.
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

This is my first Citroen and probably the last - 80% is pretty good but the other 20% , especially the info centre, defies believe!
The app "find my car" can be useful to me on rare occasions but even that has stopped working and I certainly would not rely upon it.

Thanks for trying.

Cheers

John
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I must admit the touchscreens do take a bit of getting used to. I hated then when they first came out, as they can be so distracting (heating controls for one example no longer having a hard button) - which I think they've started to reintroduce as people don't like faffing with the screen when they want to change the temperature.

Even with voice commands on the later model, if you're not used to talking to the car it can take some training to get right. Even now when I ask mine to play some Fleetwood Mac from the media USB, it thinks I want to go to somewhere called Fleetwood and tries to navigate me there!

I have tried the new C4 and can honestly say that system is worse than the one I have, especially the steering wheel buttons - they are so compact and fiddly with poor interaction, you spend more time looking to see what you've pressed or why something isn't working (cruise control as an example) instead of looking at the road. This is the opposite to what it should be trying to achieve.

Until they get the HAL 9000 integrated into the voice control system trained and super-tuned to all manor of languages, accents and dialogues, there's no hope of that working properly, so please give us our physical buttons back. :cry:
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

Funny that Juan Sheet, those things I actually find improved over the previous C5Aircross...

Heating controls on C4 are knobs /or touch screen or voice controlled... better than the C5A , I find.
Cruise controls etc. are easier too, The C5A used a stalk push button and rotary control stick hidden behind the steering wheel, which has to be operated by touch , rather than sight.
Now that, really took some getting used to... the new C4 , I find, is far easier and intuitive.

I must admit though, the old rotary wheel cruise control on the wheel on the older C4 /DS4 were far easier to operate.
Funny what Citroen deems as progress, isn't it !
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi