My Citroen App - new problems?

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Right today I went out in my Aircross. On return home my phone beeped to say new trip on Mycitroen App.
I opened the app but it took a while to come on line, when it did the miles and time had corrected to match the car mileometer. So the coders have corrected the software code.
The journey end points still show incorrectly BUT that might correct on next trip.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars

srperry

Post by srperry »

My app is still very hit-and-miss as to whether or not it records a journey. Yesterday I made 3 short trips and only one of them was recorded. It often does the same on long trips - sometimes I apparently hyper-travel to a distant destination and it records the trip home, or it does the other way round. My purpose in using the app originally was to record business travel, but it's so unreliable I cannot do that.

The app designers/ authors need to test it properly in the real world before releasing it. They appear to be very amateur in their approach - and I say that as having been involved in programming project development at a senior level for over 30 years. In answer to my negative feedback on Google Play, they suggested that I write directly to Citroen and the authors, both of which I had already done, and I never received any response.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Yes although they have sorted the mileage the trip destinations are still gobbledygook. I live at 2 United Kingdom and I just came from 10 United kingdom
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

The latest android version (1.34.2) seems worse than ever !
It really is poor, mine has added about 200 miles to the tank range... ( rubbish, but would be nice if realistic!)
Journeys are logged some of the time, more often not... or they take days to appear... then fall behind again.
The last parking location is days and locations out..
Flits between km and miles ...

To be honest, it's not much use now... :roll:
sigh.........zzzzzzzzzzzz
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

My my phone now agrees with the odometer, no beep at the end of the journey.
The map showing last parking location is now a world may but if you select go to my vehicle you seem to get the correct map.

COME ON Citroen - PULL YOUR FINGER OUR ON THIS!!
C3 Aircross 110BHP Petrol Manual
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

Really Citroen ? My Citroen app is absolutely rubbish !

Mine now has correct odometer, distances show as mpg but are actually in km ( e.g. 30 mile actual is now showing as 48.6 mpg) which is actually km.

I must be filling tank with magic juice, as the more I travel the tank range increases ! :roll:
Again, it's calculating in km and shows as miles in the tank range.

The last known car location can be days out... and the info is so inaccurate.. just generic area's... not specific at all... just town or city , very vague !
It was never this bad before....

In short... the latest release is utter rubbish, and totally not fit for purpose !
I now have another update release for maps, 23/3 , hope that puts right the roads it shows and navigates, that are not yet even built , but in construction.

Increasingly, I am looking at the app less and less...As Juan says... better off looking at the cars odometer and trip.. :roll:
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi