Starting in cold weather

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
triumph1

Post by triumph1 »

W hen my car has been stood for several hours in the recent cold weather I can not open the car by the usual means and have to use the emergency key then have to put the remote in the dock on the side of steering column to start,after the initial start it works as normal,I have replaced the remote battery still the same I wondered if the cold is interfering with the remote sensor.
Has anyone else had the same problem.

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

You can try gently cleaning inside the front door handles. Dirt, grime and grease can cause recognition issues as can water.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

If you are having to place the fob by the column then the car is forgetting the fob and what you are doing in reintroducing it.
The usual reason for that is that the battery inside the fob is loosing it's charge when cold.
Although you have changed the battery I suggest you remove that one and if you have a voltmeter test it to see what is reads new should be 3v., Or just change it again but wipe the contacts in the fob and the battery faces.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
triumph1

Post by triumph1 »

Thanks for both answers
I have wiped door handles and changed battery in remote again ,I will keep remote somewhere warm in future and see if that makes any difference.
I appreciate you taking time to reply
Thanks.