Will never purchase another C3 Aircross

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
4Boys

Post by 4Boys »

Purchased C3 Aircross August 2020 it was just over 14 month old with 10450 miles on clock.
November 2020 problems with co2 mixture from exhaust.
November 2020 nearside rear bump stop falls from car, fortunately didn’t do any other damage.
November 2020 suspension problems, both sides, top struts required. ( under warranty)
December 2020 fitted new winter tyres to front wheels, wheel alignment completely out after that.
December 2020 took car to have four wheel alignment done, wheels still out of alignment. ( not covered under warranty)
February 2021 car goes to Citroen for parts to be fitted regards exhaust mixture fault and check missing bump stop.
March 2021 car back to Citroen to have bump stop replaced (didn’t come under warranty ) mixture problem fixed under warranty, top struts replaced under warranty wheel alignment problem ( not covered under warranty ) second year service, total cost £ 357.
After new top struts fitted serious creaking from steering at full lock.Wheel alignment still out.
April changed rear wheels to front, had tracking done again, alignment now spot on?
September 2021 creaking from steering worsening, took car back to Citroen, was informed 2 new top struts required AGAIN
September 2021 car goes in to have another pair of top struts placed in.
September 2021 creaking still in place but not as bad.
September 2021 removed my front wheels and lubricated all of the suspension and under new top struts, cured problem.
November 2021 nearside dipped headlight stops working, changed bulbs etc, couldn’t find any fuses for dipped headlights?
December 15th 2021 Car goes into Citroen again to check for fault, advised could be a problem with vehicle computer system

While the next part has really nothing to do with Citroen, it just goes to show the problems I’ve had with the car.
Parked in car park woman opens drivers door and batters it on to my nearside front passenger door, large dent
Insurance companies deal with i, takes 6 weeks to finalise.
Three weeks later, in large car park came out to car and fond nearside passenger door with large crease dent down
( same door as before ) paid to have the repairs carried out, seven weeks after that lady parks next to me does the same think AGAIN, this time chipped paint work, she paid to have the repair done.
THATS IT I NOW GIVE UP

Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Sorry 4boys you had so much trouble and yes garages have a lifetime of experience of what not to cover in your warranty, there has been earlier posts on steering "clunks" but not read of other issues.
I wonder when dealer was working on your suspension something has happened to wiring to cause headlamp fault.
I owned a couple of ford focus and hardly had a scratch on them, changed on retirement to a fiesta and in less than a month old (yes tesco carpark) some clever person opened their door and creased mine badly and drove away, it happens.
Sounds like your lucky its not a hybrid :roll:
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
4Boys

Post by 4Boys »

Hi Airtool.
It’s something I hadn’t though of, having said that there weren’t any problem with the lights for a couple of weeks after the top struts had been fitted.
Regards dents in car, it seems no matter where you park someone always wants to park next to you, some people just don’t seem to care.
Hope you have no more mishaps😊