I fancy the magic carpet ride in a C5 hybrid so couple questions

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Gobshite

Post by Gobshite »

I fancy the magic carpet ride in a C5 hybrid so couple questions

Does hybrid have 4 wheel drive mode like my Pug? I can see Sports and Hybrid and Electric mode but not 4x4 mode?

What sort of speed can I expect in electric mode?

I visit my mum every couple week about 180 miles round trip mainly motorway. What sort of mpg can i realistically expect (book says 200+ but i dont know how they come to this)

srperry

Post by srperry »

I don't have a hybrid, but my brother-in-law had an Outlander for about 4 years as a company car. That was supposed to return 180mpg + according to the Mitsubishi blurb; the company loved it because it was zero tax and he liked it because the company car tax was really low. But most of his journeys were long-distance motorway ones, and after the electric 30+ miles, the mpg was actally around 25 at motorway speeds. Hybrids are great for short local journeys but not for distance. Because of the weight of the batteries the mpg for a hybrid will always be lower than for a non-hybrid.

I'm pretty sure that the C5 Aircross hybrid is two wheel drive, but I could be wrong.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Gobshite

Post by Gobshite »

I'm pretty sure that the C5 Aircross hybrid is two wheel drive, but I could be wrong
Like most hybrids it has petrol engine motor driving front wheels and electric driving rear wheels, foot hard down and both engines push, hence 200+ bhp and 0-60 in under 8.5 seconds. My peugeot allows manual configuration of both engines Hybrid/Automatic, full 4 wheel drive, Sports, Electric Only

I can't see the 4wd option on the Citroen but for sure it has 4wd. It works great for snow or grass

OngarWoody

Post by OngarWoody »

There is a post on this forum regarding mileage which is well worth a read.
Gobshite

Post by Gobshite »

Yeap read it. Didn't mention 4wd or electric speed