Connected Cam, Wifi & Automatic Tailgate

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
OngarWoody

Post by OngarWoody »

Hi all
I finally picked up my Aircross C5 Hybrid Shine Plus (having ordered it in April) which I love but disappointed to read on here that Connected Cam no longer comes as standard. I wish the salesman had told me this. My understanding is that the car should still have wifi. Is this correct as it’s not showing up?

Also, the button to open the boot internally is not on the panel to the side of the steering wheel and there is just a blank space. Frustrating that it is missing but I wonder if it is due to lack of parts.

Thank you

martyness

Post by martyness »

Yeah the car should have WiFi and will be in one of the settings menus. However it is dependent on you sharing your phone's data connection for it to work, otherwise anything connected to it will say it's connected without internet access.

As for the tailgate I would be asking the dealer to get that sorted as that's a standard part and there's no excuse into why it's missing. Would be interesting to hear why they blanked standard equipment off though.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

I believe all these things became extras and not standard fit after the first couple of years of being released.

If you compare spec sheets from current range of C5 to older, 2019 /2020 you will see many omissions which are now either extra cost fit or not available at all.
When we got our 2020 model the salesmen told us of the many things that were dropped from standard fit.

He specifically mentioned the boot release button/ auto tailgate ( foot waggle lol) panoramic roof, and connected cam at the time. All were extra cost on new models.
So we went for an older model that was fully loaded, except for grip control and the black wheels and trim. ( ours tho is diesel, not hybrid).
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
OngarWoody

Post by OngarWoody »

Thanks all for your replies. I will speak with the dealership tomorrow and let you know the outcome.
Many thanks
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

As far as I can see on web, the items queried are now classified as 'extra / additional cost '

On earlier models these were all inclusive / standard spec..
Citroen ( probably others too) seem to fully load initial release cars, then reduce specs ( and increase prices) as more are produced.

This was the first result , when I googled "C5 shine plus specifications "
There are other things that are deemed 'extra ' too, compared to our earlier model..

Screen Shot 10-31-21 at 01.05 PM.PNG

NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
martyness

Post by martyness »

What he's talking about regarding the tailgate is the lack of a button inside the car down by the side of the steering wheel.

I'm assuming that the tailgate does open and close via the button on the key fob or the button on the tailgate itself. Hopefully the owner will clarify this.

However even if it isn't an automatic tailgate there should still be a button inside the car next to the steering wheel to pop the boot open which the dealer needs to answer into why it's not there.
OngarWoody

Post by OngarWoody »

Citroen Wi-Fi definitely not showing up on my system which is really strange.
GilRil

Post by GilRil »

We got a Brand new C5 shine plus in March this year (2021) and to the right side of the steering wheel there is a button to open the rear boot, you have to press it twice to open the boot.
C5 Aircross 1.2 Pure Tech 130 Shine Plus Auto
martyness

Post by martyness »

Having looked into it a bit further it appears that Citroen don't give you a button inside the car next to the steering wheel if you don't have the automatic boot.

I find this very strange as this means you're relying on the key fob or the button on the boot if you want to open it. If either of those were to fail then you'd have to release it manually from inside the boot or take it to the garage to get fixed.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

This is like any other non-automatic rear door I have ever had on a Citroen. Not on our 2007 C4 Picasso, 2011 C4 Picasso, 2011 C3, 2016 C3 and 2019 C3. So quite normal. Our 2015 C4 Picasso had the powered boot but that could only be opened using the boot button or the remote, and only closed from the button on the bottom of the door. We have never had any issue on any of the boot lids.