Aircross Likes/Dislikes

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Would be nice if the camera could also be used as a dashcam as it can in the C3.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.

Paulr

Post by Paulr »

2000 miles in. Main likes:
Looks
Roof bars
Dash
Seating
Ride
Boot & false floor
Over 50mpg
Cruises well
Storage of the parcel shelf, very neat!

Dislikes
Fan motor noisy and does not go slow enough
Heater controls - need to be proper button as it is distracting to alter when driving
Plasticky feel of some of the interior, I am getting squeaks already.
Thrashy engine, getting better with more miles but no where near as smooth as my daughters Ibiza.
Gearbox is a long throw. You do get used to it though, but it dulls the experience.
No power to pull away if you are doing 60 or so on the motorway. It gradually gains speed a bit like a Boing 777 gaining altitude.

There is no perfect car, but on balance I am enjoying the car and it is a great motorway cruiser, assuming you are in no rush to accelerate. Would I buy another? For the price, yes.

Loving the colour:

Delivery day, side.JPG

RosieG

Post by RosieG »

Hi Paul which one have you got and is it automatic?
Paulr

Post by Paulr »

It is the 1.2 Feel, and it's manual. Gear change is feeling much smoother with a few miles under it's belt!
John Minshall

Post by John Minshall »

Had mine for only a few days but so far overall I am impressed. It’s better than I thought it would be. The dealer told me it didn’t have auto close windows...it does which was a pleasant surprise. I can now pull away quickly at junctions unlike my old cactus which seemed to struggle sometimes and stall at low speeds. I’m getting used to an automatic and I’m probably not driving it right yet but the engine does sound very revvy sometimes. Overall road noise is much less than the cactus 🌵 and I can hear music better. The cabin is very spacious, I’m 6’2” and there is probably nearly 12” head space above me - I can’t imagine what it must feel like for a smaller person. Not much negatives at this stage. Definitely a class above the previous C4 Cactus 2015 version.
C3 Aircross 110A Flair Cosmic Silver/Black
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

I just found something I didn't like. My local hand car wash just tried to charge me for a large 4x4 to wash it ( £10 ) instead of the £8 they would charge for a salon car like a BMW M3. I argued the case that it wasn't 4x4 and wasn't THAT big and got it for the cheaper price but I can see myself having to argue the case every time...
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Oh, re: the first post. Mute is activated by pressing both volume up and down at the same time. Then either button to un-mute.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi phild, you may have found this ages ago, but the following link works for downloading manuals... http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ddb - don't worry that it says Peugeot! You may have to change the language to English (bottom right) and then again on the next page (top right!)
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
DavidZ

Post by DavidZ »

Like styling and most gadgets and low turbo lag

Dislike A/C very loud noise and clunky gear shift and clattery engine noise (diesel),
phild

Post by phild »

Jay R wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:18 pm Oh, re: the first post. Mute is activated by pressing both volume up and down at the same time. Then either button to un-mute.
Thanks J - Id only had the car a few days when i posted about the lack of mute button but ive since discovered how to do this and also the manuals download
C3 Aircross Flair 130 6speed Manual Soft Sand, Sunroof, Grip Control, Family Pack