Aircross Likes/Dislikes

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
phild

Post by phild »

How you can hang the petrol cap

Dont like why the onboard computer always defaults to total mileage and how long the stop/start system as been used. I mean why does one need a countdown timer for how long the engine as been off?
C3 Aircross Flair 130 6speed Manual Soft Sand, Sunroof, Grip Control, Family Pack

grahams

Post by grahams »

The display (data) can be changed and should default to and remember the last selected display On my 2017 Flair its changed via the L H rotary control on the steering wheel allowing selection of the options. Info is on pages 37 to 39 of my manual. I don't know if Citroen changed this on later models. I leave mine on the Range display.

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 16.49.53.png

Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Mine starts where I left it. Usually mpg.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
Curleybird

Post by Curleybird »

I'm thinking of buying an aircross automatic after owning a C3 Picasso, hence I've joined this forum.
My main concerns are about the EAT6 auto gearbox being as bad as the previous semi automatic on my Picasso. (Pick a gear, any gear, halfway round a roundabout).
Also is using the touch screen to change heater settings a distraction when driving?
Any opinions welcomed.
HelenO

Post by HelenO »

I don’t have an automatic so can’t answer that question. However I can tell you that I find the touchscreen heater controls very awkward to use while driving, much harder than the grab and turn of the old style manual controls. It’s one thing I really don’t like about the Aircross and could be an issue for safe driving.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi Curleybird, I have a C3 Aircross automatic on order - my current car is a C4 Grand Picasso with an EAT6 and I can confirm that it's a lot better/smoother than the previous lurchy semi-automatic one (which I had on an older Picasso but didn't find it too bad myself). I test drove an auto Aircross and it seemed pretty smooth - best to test drive one yourself if you can. Regarding the heater controls, I'd rather have real knobs & buttons but have used the touch screen version on my Picasso for three years and not found it a problem - if the screen's not in heater mode you just press one button and the controls are there. I believe touchscreens are a distraction generally, but I'd say that adjusting the heater/aircon is no worse than fiddling with the satnav or radio etc.
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

The windscreen box also houses the camera that operates the auto lights, braking, speed sign recognition, etc...
RosieG

Post by RosieG »

My likes/dislikes so far:
Puddle lights
WiFi for charging phone
Light and airy
Feels robust and solid(much better than our Cactus)
Flexibility of space
Comfortable seats
Good visibility
Brake
Satnav much better than it was in our Citroen Cactus and more user friendly.

Dislikes:
Indicator doesn't always go off and hard to hear it although do like the sound. Not particularly obvious on screen.
Occasionally takes time for screen to wake up in starting although our Cactus was the same
Heads Up is starting to rattle on occasions
No little storage pockets for bits and pieces out of sight.
Reversing camera nowhere near as good as in the Cactus neither is the resolution.

Having said all that I am well pleased with the car.

Flair Blue HDi 100 manual with sunroof, park assist, grip control and hifi packs. Orange, white roof and black colour pack.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

"How you can hang the petrol cap"

You hook the loop sticking out of the end of the cap onto the hook in the door.
Noty

Post by Noty »

Re the query about the automatic Aircross I have the Pure Tech 110 S&S EAT6, Citroen no longer make diesel automatics! My previous was the Cactus Automatic diesel with button control auto selection and flippers under the steering wheel to change gears as well. Sorry I sold it moved on to the Aircross Auto - not a patch on the Cactus, granted the gear change is smoother but the gear lever selection in labour intensive, especially when maneuvering in tight spaces. Quite why the lever has to be gated I know not. Also the Climate control is not as good, when going through a series of traffic lights and stop/start the air con switches off and the engine does not auto restart like the Cactus when stationary. Not good for hot climes like Spain.

Having said that the Aircross is OK and the sat nav is more user friendly. Was surprised at the power output from the wee engine, it has sports mode but I have had no need to use it yet but would imagine consumption figures go astray.

Rear seat legroom could be a bit more and boot not as big as the Cactus. The no lip boot of the Aircross is better than the cactus which was one of the main reason for not going with another Cactus, would have thought Citroen would get their act together on that one!!!

Noty
C3 Aircross Pure Tech 110 S&S EAT6 Shine ................... Noty