Shuffle function audio playback

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Sidgey

Post by Sidgey »

Hi, can anyone tell me how to enable the random playback mode on my 2019 C5 aircross when using USB as the source, thanks

Airtool

Post by Airtool »

I would have thought you would have to select shuffle at your source, for example I use the omnia app but whatever music app you use there generally is a shuffle mode.

I found these on a forum it may be of help.

In Android Auto, on the music screen (once playing) if you swipe left there's a second screen with thumbs up/down and a shuffle button.

Hopefully you've found a solution already but just in case you haven't I do this with android auto and have my personal library stored on a 256GB card on my phone. Go into Google Play, hit the settings tab and turn on "downloaded only". Then when you connect it to your car simply say "play music" and it will play music randomly from your collection.

It's not the best service. Sometimes I'd like to hear an album in order by asking it to play either the artist or album and it's not capable of doing that. It instead defaults to alphabetical order and I don't feel like renaming my entire library to artificially fix that issue. I use my car's radio to play albums in order since it can use the file name as a reference. Hopefully Google addresses this someday and lets you select how it orders music it's playing.

Side note: I've had several instances where it will start playing Android radio after doing this. Sometimes GP seems to forget the above setting and you have to go set it again. Maybe it's after an update or something. Just something to keep in mind.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
Sidgey

Post by Sidgey »

Thanks for your reply, I'm 73 years old and while not a technophobe I don't have any music on my iphone all my music is on my flash drive, in my previous car ( C4 picasso) k simply had to press an icon on the music screen to go into shuffle mode but thus just doesn't work with the c5
Sidgey

Post by Sidgey »

Update, I have enabled the shuffle icon on the touch screen and it is working but only with the album that is playing ( which is probably why I thought it wasn't working ) and not for all the album's which us what I want and the way it worked with the C4.
srperry

Post by srperry »

In the photo below, if your icons look like mine in the circled section, then shuffle will work across all of your music/albums. Hope that helps.

But whenever you do a software update, or switch to another source, then back, you will need to reset it.

Inked20211018_103754_LI.jpg

Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

When you say shuffle will work on all albums do you mean it will shuffle all of music collection or when your playing each album. I think that's what sidgey requires.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
srperry

Post by srperry »

'Across all music/albums' was I thought pretty specific. It shuffles all the music on the USB, which is what Sidgey wanted.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Yes that's how it works on my C3 Aircross system .
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Sidgey

Post by Sidgey »

Hi again, yes, what I want is that it will shuffle all albums/music that was the way it worked with my C4 if you look at the screen it shows the shuffle icon but no "all" which would suggest to me that it will only shuffle the tracks on the album that you are playing which, in my opinion is a waste of time , the enjoyment of shuffling through all your music is the variety it gives and that you never no what is coming next also you get to !listen to tracks that you might have forgotten ( easy at my age) :roll:
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

There are 3 states on my shuttle button. Just touch it to toggle. The next one across is 1 track repeat. Touch to toggle.
OFF ( zero touch or third touch)

IMG_20211022_113704660.jpg

ON (first touch)

IMG_20211022_113710797.jpg

ALL (second touch)

IMG_20211022_113717962.jpg

IMG_20211022_113710797.jpg

Last edited by Beanee687 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars